Space Slug Pics!

rileyreplicas

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just wanted to post pics of the space slug I made. The Falcon is WAY oversized but I think that it looks OK. The only other option would have been to make the slug 3 foot wide :) The Falcon by the way is the Galoob toy from the 90's.

4.jpg

3.jpg

The over-sized Falcon does not detract at all. Honestly, if you hadn't pointed it out I'm not sure I would have noticed. Maybe I would have after looking at the pics for a while, but the initial "Wow Factor" doesn't register the scale problem at all.

It's a great piece. Well done Sir. :thumbsup

Thanks guys for the kind words. I was going to have the head going to one side however where it is going to be displayed it did not leave me any room for doing that. This was a fun piece to make but boy was it a lot of detail work. I think I could have made a full scale one easier than the little one :)

Nice. :thumbsup

I hope you don't mind some constructive critizism/idea. The Falcon is not flying. Maybe it could be held in space by a flat piece of acrylic coming out of the rear engines - an engine trail. Just an idea. :$

No, I don't mind constructive criticism at all :) Actually this piece was made for someone that wanted it like this, I personally would have had the Falcon on an acrylic rod coming out of the mouth. I agree with you totally however I have to do what the customer requests :) I believe it is going in an area with a LOT of hands being able to touch it so it had to be placed so it would not get broken off easily.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back