come out on Blue Ray are any of hte image from those ? I distinctly
remember certain episodes that focused in on the Stun Guns but of
course " back in the day " the screen caps looked terrible... :(

Blackbirdcd

Sorry if this comes off as a stupid question, but since Space has
come out on Blue Ray are any of hte image from those ? I distinctly
remember certain episodes that focused in on the Stun Guns but of
course " back in the day " the screen caps looked terrible... :(

That's where a number of these shots came from :)

Blackbirdcd

Space1999_Diagram2.jpg

Here's a quick diagram of what I'm seeing from this thread. The image is 1:1 scale when printed at 72DPI.

The radii along the edges isn't precise but I'd love everyone's feedback.

EDIT: Slight revision in the image (minor alterations)

Attachments

• Space1999_Diagram1.jpg
    Space1999_Diagram1.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:

RobbLopaka

Ok so here is the 4th Generation stun gun. Because I need three for the upcoming con, Ive made them one at a time, the first one was just too large and not right that its not even going to be used. The second one was completely 3D printed from a file I found on the internet. The third one was carved from wood with one 3D printed part (the slide switch on the top). This 4th one was made with the 84 degree angle on the front and is a hybrid. The body is carved from wood and the black pieces are printed on a 3D printer. These parts include the slide switch, the knob, and the nozzles. This is a pic of it ready for paint. I will post another one when the paint job is done.

20160206_103351.jpg

Mola Rob

Sr Member
A couple observations, the loop on the bottom looks a little too pointy and the hole looks too small and the bottom two nozzles don't look "chunky" enough. The rest looks pretty good to me.
View attachment 581680

Here's a quick diagram of what I'm seeing from this thread. The image is 1:1 scale when printed at 72DPI.

The radii along the edges isn't precise but I'd love everyone's feedback.

EDIT: Slight revision in the image (minor alterations)

Blackbirdcd

Thank you Mola Rob! I'll make a couple of adjustments. I've printed it full size but I'm not sure if it's the correct scale. Cheers!

RobbLopaka, your latest is looking good! I like the 84 degree angle treatment. The handle at the top looks narrow from front to back, but that's minor. How does it feel?

RobbLopaka

Here is the third and final comlock, it is also a hybrid. A wooden body with 3D printed parts. Again all the black parts are the printed ones. Will post some final pics when All are completed and painted.
20160221_134422.jpg

Uk cave man

A few years ago when I first started making my own props I got myself some resin kits to build. I got myself a space 1999 stun gun kit really cheaply, but there was a reason why it was so cheap. The gun body was in two parts and they were not the same shape so would not line up and fit together. I got so upset that I packed it all away and through it in a box of stuff where it stayed. What I learnt from this is if you buy cheap resin kits you get what you pay for. I got some much better ones after that but I had to pay a better price for them. So a few years later I'm looking for something and I come across the stun gun kit and take it out to look at again now I'm bit older and wiser (lol). Having discovered the wonders of making props and guns from EVE foam I use one half of the resin gun as a template and make a new body. I then use the resin small parts to add the details then paint it all up.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

RobbLopaka

Ok, so here it is the best of the best. These are the hybrid stun gun and comlock, made from traditional prop making techniques coupled with 3D printed parts. They are finally done with all the detail and paint. The holster for the stun gun is made of genuine leather. One of the things I like best about this comlock is the screen, I 3D printed the frame and glued it to the top of the wooden block that makes up the body. The inside of the frame was hollowed out. I took a clear plastic sheet from the hobby store and cut a 3 inch square and laid it across the bottom of a spray paint can (the bottom of the can is curved) I heated it up with a heat gun then pressed it into the curve with a round glass paperweight that fit right into the curve of the can. I cut out a square that fit in the hollow then painted the back side of it blue before gluing it into place. It really does look like a miniature old time TV screen. It must be blue because they were running Windows 95. (ROFLMAO...blue screen of death) These are a far cry from the ones I used to make out of my lego blocks in back in 1975

20160325_145230.jpg 20160325_145137_001.jpg 20160325_145045.jpg

20160325_145045.jpg

20160325_145137_001.jpg

20160325_145230.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Rylo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
What exactly are you referring to? Helps to add quotes since numerous topics are referenced in any given thread. I'm presuming you're talking about the emitters.

NOTHING is better than the original! Who would choose a replica over the real thing?

metaform3d

So here is a pic of the stun gun that I printed on a 3D printer. I had two false starts with this that I had to abandon. I finally got this one printed. It is a little smaller than the ones that I'm making out of wood. But the details are a little sharper. There was a lot of little bumps and imperfections in the print that I had to cut away and sand down. A couple of places that I had to fill in with some putty, But over all I think the build time is going to be much shorter. I'm currently working on applying buttons etc.. to one of my wooden comlocks, when that is finished and painted Ill post a pic of that. I also want to 3D print a comlock and see how the two compare.
View attachment 575426

I recognize that 3D model -- I made it. I did make a version with square emitters as well. Thanks to the great reference in this thread it looks like I may have to revisit it!

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:264633

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.