Space 1999 Stun Gun MPC and Wilco Version Kits

Sandman5

Just completed the MPC/Round 2 Stun gun kit. It is also pictured next to my Wilco version build which was done back in 2004. I did put a newer vinyl disc round decal on the Wilco kit for the control knobs that I also did for the MPC kit. Both these decals and the acrylic display stand were purchased from Etsy from the same vendor. I like both kits, the MPC is spot on for accuracy while the Wilco kit is a little smaller and wider based off of the Moonbase Alpha Technical Manual blueprints from 1977. The MPC kit was superbly done by those people at Round 2 models both for accuracy and the way the kit is presented. The Wilco kit was painted with Duplicolor silver frost and the MPC version was done using Testors silver metallic. I always use spray cans. The Wilco kit was finished up with a coat of dullcoat and the MPC kit was coated with Tamiya semi-gloss. I painted the transparent buttons on the MPC kit from the backside instead of over the top, I liked the way they became somewhat translucent. The Wilco kit is solid resin while the MPC kit comes in two halves and is hollow.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg

Just completed the MPC/Round 2 Stun gun kit. It is also pictured next to my Wilco version build which was done back in 2004. I did put a newer vinyl disc round decal on the Wilco kit for the control knobs that I also did for the MPC kit. Both these decals and the acrylic display stand were purchased from Etsy from the same vendor. I like both kits, the MPC is spot on for accuracy while the Wilco kit is a little smaller and wider based off of the Moonbase Alpha Technical Manual blueprints from 1977. The MPC kit was superbly done by those people at Round 2 models both for accuracy and the way the kit is presented. The Wilco kit was painted with Duplicolor silver frost and the MPC version was done using Testors silver metallic. I always use spray cans. The Wilco kit was finished up with a coat of dullcoat and the MPC kit was coated with Tamiya semi-gloss. I painted the transparent buttons on the MPC kit from the backside instead of over the top, I liked the way they became somewhat translucent. The Wilco kit is solid resin while the MPC kit comes in two halves and is hollow. View attachment 1552761View attachment 1552762View attachment 1552763View attachment 1552764View attachment 1552765View attachment 1552766View attachment 1552767View attachment 1552768View attachment 1552769View attachment 1552770
These look terrific - nice work! I cannot wait to grab one when I’m finished with current build-obligations. So, in say a decade? Lol.

Dumb question from the States: Did the colored buttons on the handle, or any other component illuminate or glow on screen? Thanks ~

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back