Space 1999 Laser Rifle-Modified

Sandman5

Did a build of a modified version of a Space 1999 laser rifle. Someone did a perfect representation of it on yourprops.com. I had the best of intentions at the start but it quickly descended into shabby workmanship. Feel free to let it inspire you for your own ideas. Overall length is 43 inches from tip to tip, using a piece of 2 inch ID, pvc pipe schedule 40. Parts off a Airfix Saturn V model kit, scale 1/144. A Kaiser 6005 camera shoulder mount for the lower grip, and some camera shutter releases for the two remaining grips. The button assembly on top came from a Nintendo Super Scope rifle. Ordered the monocular scope and decals off of Ebay. Colors used were Metallic Chrome high gloss spray paint by Duplicolor. The rest were Testors Model Master spray cans, Euro Gray, Go Mango Orange, semi-gloss black and flat red. The stun gun model was from Wilco about 19 years ago when that particular kit version could be found at Monsters in Motion.

8.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

Last edited:
Looks pretty good. You might want to sand down the acrylic tube at the end and flame treat it to remove the saw marks.

TazMan2000

Last edited:
wow!!! last year i did a how to make a season 1 laser rifle from space 1999, on space 1999 props & ships, yours is fantastic, its the laser rifle on steroids...just kidding, fantastic work my friend, i just made the angry red planet-sonic freeze gun, Cleopatra, with backpack, later this year i will be making space 1999 year 2 rocket gun, from the beta cloud, that will step by step, will show every on how to make one, again fantastic work.

wow!!! last year i did a how to make a season 1 laser rifle from space 1999, on space 1999 props & ships, yours is fantastic, its the laser rifle on steroids...just kidding, fantastic work my friend, i just made the angry red planet-sonic freeze gun, Cleopatra, with backpack, later this year i will be making space 1999 year 2 rocket gun, from the beta cloud, that will step by step, will show every on how to make one, again fantastic work.
I just joined Space 1999 Props and Ships thanks to you, your tutorial on the laser rifle was superb! I wish I would have known about that before I started my project, I would have opted to do the correct version instead of my modified one. What was the brand name on the targeting scope you used for your rifle? I see that it came with a hand grip that needed to be cut off. Thank you.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back