Space 1999 Comlock, can you here me now????

teslabe

Sr Member
I always liked Space 1999, all the hardware looked like it could really work..... My favorite, aside from the Eagle, was the Comlock, how cool it would be to have a small Video Walkie-Talkie like that.....
tango_face_glasses.png
Well, one day, as I walked though the toy department of Target, I ran across the "Spy Gear Video Walkie-Talkies", and I just couldn't leave well enough alone.....
tango_face_wink.png
Unfortunately this will not be a drop-in build, but I think it can be done, so I hope some of you might like the thread enough to stick with it and may want to give it a try......
thumbup.gif

D8RoyaFm.jpg

Attachments

• tango_face_glasses.png
    tango_face_glasses.png
    4.8 KB · Views: 158
  • thumbup.gif
    thumbup.gif
    139 bytes · Views: 126
  • tango_face_wink.png
    tango_face_wink.png
    4.5 KB · Views: 133
Last edited by a moderator:
Here is part two, I used the kit made by "A.J. Catalano, the castings are nice and crisp, though the bag of buttons could have less air bubbles but nothing that can't be fixed......
thumbup.gif

VD3tfCom.jpg xKlrznEm.jpg fPeGM4Dm.jpg hX3ChbPm.jpg

Attachments

• thumbup.gif
    thumbup.gif
    139 bytes · Views: 141
And now part three with more to come..... Most of my work has been figuring a way to get the circuit board and display to fit without too much alterations to the exterior.....
freak.gif
I also wanted the "Spy Gear" splash changed to the Comlock logo when the unit is powered up, done.....
tango_face_wink.png

And yes I know the prorp was B/W, IMHO color is what it could have been if technology was such at the time that a small color CRT could have been used.....

iOslKTAm.jpg xFwpRgBm.jpg vBCkUMMm.jpg 0tMoMpnm.jpg

ME2Xk34m.jpg iQ4BHUCm.jpg BJaSqzcm.jpg

Attachments

• freak.gif
    freak.gif
    900 bytes · Views: 136
  • tango_face_wink.png
    tango_face_wink.png
    4.5 KB · Views: 121
Hi all, it's been a long time since my last update, I seem to post more often at HobbyTalk, hope there is still an interest in my Comlock Builds.....
tango_face_grin.png
I now have the LCD displays in the last four props along with a way to turn off the sound effect if I chose,
the Capacitor switches are very sensitive so the prop is hard to hold without setting off one of the keys so I had to add a small circuit that the first two don't have, I'll add it
later....

IMG_1803.JPG

IMG_1800.JPG
IMG_1802.JPG

Came late to this one, great idea and awesome build so far!!!

Thank you, but to be far I'm sooooo bad at stopping work on projects and that's what happened here, kind of lost interest for a few months
but I'm back on it now and hope to finish before summer....

Thank you, but to be far I'm sooooo bad at stopping work on projects and that's what happened here, kind of lost interest for a few months
but I'm back on it now and hope to finish before summer....

How's about this for an incentive: finish the comlock or you won't get back to earth.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back