Sourcing Parts

Draphin

Sr Member
Hello,
I have an idea for all you RPFers. I have been thinking of doing a project which requires me to source out different parts and then it came to me. I am not the only one who has had to do this. What if we pooled our sources in a thread for different materials. This way we all have one place to go and check for a source that has (hopefully) been used and recomended by a fellow member here instead of searching the WORLD WIDE WEB... which can get very tedious and scary as you are not sure how repudable the vendor is or what type of quality you will be getting from them. If this seems like a good idea to the RPF the mods could possible even take it further making a Section for member recommended sources. (hint hint!)

In the mean time if you have a particular source you constantly go to for certain parts and would recomend to the rest of us. I personally would like to hear about them as well as, I am sure, some others. Just list them with the parts you get and some contact information so the rest of us can check it out.

I myself was looking for both flexible LED Strips and USB Mini-b ports. I was hoping for something local (yeah right. Not here in the middle of nowhere) but I would settle for a good Online purchase with decent shipping rates. So if anyone has a suggestion please either post it or PM me.

Thanks.

Draphin

Sr Member
For what you're looking for, can't beat All Electronics: All Electronics | Electronic and Electro-Mechanical Parts and Supplies at Discount Prices

As far as a general list goes it really comes down to what you're looking for and for that Google is already invented.

Thank you and general sources like this is what I am looking for other folks to add here. just their favorite sources for different things and this way we dont have to swim through all of googles non-sence just this thread.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.