Source For Quality SW Costumes?

Actually I just enjoy the Japanese costumes... not a lot of LARPing around here. There was some Vampire the Masquerade, but I think it folded.

<div class='quotetop'>(foxbatkllr @ Jul 22 2006, 05:54 AM) [snapback]1285639[/snapback]</div>
Whether it is poor quality vinyl or not, vinyl is plastic and not breathable like leather. If you had leather tabbards, it would not inflate like that at all.
[/b]
Or sewn on the outside in addition to the inner stitch :) I have vinyl ones that are done properly that don't puff up.
JJ

<div class='quotetop'>(Jumpin Jax @ Aug 1 2006, 11:29 AM) [snapback]1291882[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(foxbatkllr @ Jul 22 2006, 05:54 AM) [snapback]1285639[/snapback]
Whether it is poor quality vinyl or not, vinyl is plastic and not breathable like leather. If you had leather tabbards, it would not inflate like that at all.
[/b]
Or sewn on the outside in addition to the inner stitch :) I have vinyl ones that are done properly that don't puff up.
JJ
[/b][/quote]

I have no problem doing an outside stitch, however, most people want the tabards to be accurate and another stitch on the outside isn't considered accurate amongst some. However, I have done tabards this way for some children costumes, there's a pic on The Gate Room page of one done that way (the Toddler Learner).

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back