Source for buttons

Bonded Hawk

What is a good source for bulk buttons. I would like to finish my wife's casaque and make one for myself. Also I see a new doublet for me in the near future.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bonded Hawk

There's a wonderful lady in Henfield UK who sells a great selection of unique buttons. Not in bulk specifically (though she might if asked), but the prices are so very reasonable, probably lower than bulk cost at other places and very low cost shipping (less than £2.00 regardless of location or order size!).

Her name is Maggie, her web site Textile Gardens. Give her goods a lookin', I think you'll find lots of things you like not just buttons but textiles and trims as well.

Shylaah

Not sure if you have yard sales or flee markets nearby but around here you find a lot of buttons in bulk. I know we sold tons of them at an estate sale. There's even a nicknack shop near me that sells the things in bulk.

Shylaah
I'll check the link out thanks

Wes R
I'll give it a look, but I will need at least 50 of the same kind per casaque. I do appreciate the reply.

BH

Has anyone tried this:
Domed Brass & German Silver Buttons
Softly domed, they feature securely welded-on shanks. If you make holes in the fabric with your stilleto, you can push them through so that the shanks show through the back. Then a cord such as our Linen Braided Cord can be run through and tied with knots at both ends. This way you may change them between different sets of clothes. Very economical!

I hate to sew buttons. I am going to be spacing a long line of buttons out about every two to three inches. If I left a large gap in the middle unbuttoned would the other buttons, that were buttoned, try and pull out?

Sorry if this is a little muddled. Its been a long night.

Order Brass or German Silver

#116-1250, 1 1/4" diam. $2.40 ea.

If you are talking about French Marine buttons, they adequate, but not that nice especially for $2.40 each. You do know that German Sliver isn't sliver at all, right? It is a copper, zinc, nickle alloy and has no sliver in it at all. So I really don't understand that premium price compared to the brass ones that usually sell for $.90-1.00.

If you hate sewing on buttons, might look into getting a button attacher. They work like those little guns used to attach tags to clothing with the little plastic "strings". In fact you could use a tagger to do the job and there seems to be a greater variety of those in a wide price range. Also same/similiar gun sold as a quilt basting gun. If you hate to sew, this could be the tool for you!

Shylaah

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back