Sounds

TuaCathach

Ok one for the techi's......

i'm thinking ahead on this one. ok imagine i have my suit i have my mask and have all the bits and pieces i want...... but then there is one thing i realise i'm missing.
sound :) ...
ok its all well and good me running around and shouting and roaring but for me thats just plain retarded. .... so here we go.... this is a multpal question one.

1. where is the best place to get the pred roar and the clicking sound
2. what is the best way to play it or use it
3 sound quality/ speakers.. whats the best to use to get the best result and how do you hide them in to your suit.

any vids or pics you guys have would be great thanks

Yeah i had the same prob while building bits of mine and came up with this after reading and putting a few other posts together
http://members.iinet.net.au/~jaherne/thehu...audio/index.php go here and download the sounds you want
than get yourself a cheap ass mp3 player
use you mic on your pc to create "nothing" for about 30sec and save that to a file your mp3 player can play
Make a playlist like this
1.Click.mp3
2.Nothing.mp3
3.Roar.mp3
4.Nothing.mp3
Etc
Etc
Etc

And what happens is when your walking around the mp3 player plays a sound than goes quiet for 30sec and than plays another so on and so forth

Just attach it under your bio with a simple speaker setup or hide the setup in a pouch on your belt or whatever you want

Hope that helps a bit

~Jay

cheers mate .... hve we any video samples of this stuff in action to give an idea of quality

Na sorry bro got any no vids, my pred still aint finished, but there is a vid or two floating around on the lair
Not sure who it was, best bet is just use the search up the top of page to see if you can find anything

I need to create the Roar! but on command. I know someone else did it with some small speakers. Gotta search the Lair for it..

cool zombie cheers.... they were ok but clarity is not the best on them... i've sourced someother sounds not exactly pred roars but close enough.... if i can find a way to put them up here i will.... loking for the clicking sound now...
and a way to play them on demand...

Here are some sounds i have on my PC. I use em in the game AVP2 and as windowssound. I have MUCH more sounds like these, but i thought you should try them out first. The good thing is, that there is normally only the sound you want to hear. No backgroundmusic and stuff. Quality is superb. Have fun with it. Btw the sounds ARE NOT from the original AVP2 but from a mod i downloaded.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?t52a1f2tq1t

Greets Dargon

Thats the one thing im finished with for my suit, is the sounds :)
My mp3 player has an actual speaker inside of it which is superb quality, and its the size of an ipod. If anyones interested its a ZEN Moziac, very durable, very good price (I got mine from Walmart), great sound quality and suprisingly loud.

~Tara

If your MP3 player doesn't have a speaker, you can go to Radio Shack and get a portable amplifier that hooks directly to your player. This is what I use and it has an adjustable volume, it's loud enough, although the higher you turn the volume, it kinda distorts the sound.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back