soundbox?????

dewellmj

hello fellow predator fans.... how are you all??? i had a question is there anyone out there or anyone that knows a website that builds mobile soundbox's like for voice effects something that i can hide in my mask or something that makes the chriping/purring sound of the predator? like basically all his sounds id like to play it aong with my suit for more realism or anyone know how to make something like that... please let me know.... thanks guys.

Excellent! off to Radio Shack....Have been looking for something like this, I run my bio lasers with a click button that is covered in a rubber glove finger so I can bite on it, and looks like this sound module has a similar button....A lot more handy doing it that way than running wires all the way down to handheld operation....

Excellent! off to Radio Shack....Have been looking for something like this, I run my bio lasers with a click button that is covered in a rubber glove finger so I can bite on it, and looks like this sound module has a similar button....A lot more handy doing it that way than running wires all the way down to handheld operation....

This module from radio shack has the button on the circut board - so you'd have to re-wire it if you're good - or mount it inside a gauntlet some place where you can click it - the parts that hand off are sadly just the record button and mircophone.

Still - for 11 bucks - its going inside the gauntlet (just one more piece of electronics to work in with the LEDs)

Cathat

Yes, this does suck that the off board button is the record button, seems kinda backwards, so I am taking it to an electronics shop and see if they can put a wire/microswitch on it in order to push it with my tongue....I already have my lasers on a bite switch, and my cannon light, going to look like I am playing the harmonica under my bio!

So I had the Radio Shack recorder modified with an off board microswitch, took the electronics guy ten minutes and five dollars out of my wallet, I had the switch, I then installed the speaker into a piece of PVC pipe for a resonance chamber, made the speaker much louder and deeper sounding. Idea will be to mount the entire construct into the front of my bio, and have an adjustable arm with the microswitch on it, then just a matter of pushing the microswitch toggle with my tongue, next to that switch will be my cannon light switch, and next to that, my laser switch. Will post a switch line image when complete.

DSC01455.JPG

Very cool and resourceful. Smart move going to an electronics guy. Playing with that stuff when you have no clue is a recipe for disaster. I learned that the hard way.

Put up a youtube video, I wanna see this in action. Very cheap way to get some basic pred sounds in your helmet. I dearly missed something like this for Comic Con NY. It woulda been so cool to creep behind people with that clicking sound!

I used to do all sorts of electronics projects growing up, but dont have a good iron anymore, and the electronics shop was three blocks away from my home. The soundbox is only 10 bucks at Radio shack as stated above, the button on it pops right off, just a contact jumping across two leads on the board, he just scraped off spots beyond the button area (they are very small and close together under the button) and soldered the switch in. I installed it in my bio, and it works perfectly, plenty loud even across a room...

using the loop mode on an MP3 player with use of the mini speakers sounds like a good bet.

Anyone go this route?

I've been back and forth looking for the loudest minis on the market.

I did see another thread where the speaker looks like a little 'monster'. I just don't want that style. at all. : )

bummer part about an MP3 player is you have to fumble with the small buttons all while sensory deprived under skin, mask, bio, hands, and in a dark room at parties....hence the reason I wanted the most done without my hands....just a thought. if you have yet to wear a full suit, you will understand what I am talking about once you do! :)

using the loop mode on an MP3 player with use of the mini speakers sounds like a good bet.

Anyone go this route?

I've been back and forth looking for the loudest minis on the market.

I did see another thread where the speaker looks like a little 'monster'. I just don't want that style. at all. : )

I've used an mp3 player attached to my gauntlet (a small Samsung Yep), with a long wire running up my sleeve to a small set of powered speakers (3 AAA batteries), put it on random, and repeat, and forget about it. its just a matter of artfully hiding the speakers.

or buy one of these

http://www.trendhunter.com/trends/your-own...ndtrack-t-shirt

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back