Sound Editing Software

charlie1

Not sure if this is the right area, but it seemed the most appropriate. Mods, please move it if I put it in the wrong area.

I'm looking for some simple software for editing .WAV and .MP3 files. Preferrably .WAV files, preferably user friendly, and most definitely preferrably free or cheap. I don't want to do anything outlandlish, like frequency modification or anything like that, but I am looking to splice .WAV files together, add delay/dead time. I have several good quality .WAV files for Predator sounds and effects, and I want to combine them to make a long file that I can play on a continious loop.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Charlie

try "cool edit pro" or "cubase".....you'll be able to do everything you said...and more.
You'll have to shop around as the price can vary dramaticaly.......then programme files are always shared in torrents :)

also try www.audacity.sourceforge.net which is free and it is open source so no one will ask you to buy anything. I used to use Sony Soundforge but lost the disc and didn't feel like paying for a new one. This works pretty similiar and is extremely user friendly

Thanks for all the help and info guys! I'll check those out.

Guan, the sounds are all ripped from AVP2, but there is more than just clicking. Clicks, roars, vision changes, blade extension, etc etc. Anything that made a sound from the game I have a .WAV file for it.

Charlie

Thanks for all the help and info guys! I'll check those out.

Guan, the sounds are all ripped from AVP2, but there is more than just clicking. Clicks, roars, vision changes, blade extension, etc etc. Anything that made a sound from the game I have a .WAV file for it.

Charlie

I know I was just curious of which ones will be continously played or looped. The clicks or everything all together?

Right now, three of the clicking files, one of the yells, the death roar, the vision change, and rapid vision (4 in quick succession), and a modified gary bussey saying "the lions and tigers and bears oh my". (gary bussey file taken from the P2 DVD). There will be a bunch of dead spacing. With the exception of the rapid vision change, I'm not planning on having anything closer than 40 secs from another sound, and most likely more. I'll have to play around with sound program til I get a good mix.

Charlie

Right now, three of the clicking files, one of the yells, the death roar, the vision change, and rapid vision (4 in quick succession), and a modified gary bussey saying "the lions and tigers and bears oh my". (gary bussey file taken from the P2 DVD). There will be a bunch of dead spacing. With the exception of the rapid vision change, I'm not planning on having anything closer than 40 secs from another sound, and most likely more. I'll have to play around with sound program til I get a good mix.

Charlie

Ah I see now very cool. I also would recommend that you take into account also the sounds from both P1 & P2 regarding the sounds like. "Anytime", "Want some candy", and maybe a few others that would be really cool. I was going to use those, but I could not find anything remotely close to what I was looking for. I might have to get them from the Predator: Concrete Jungle game and rip those to play with them with the right software to do it and experiment a little.

FUN!!

i have got so much information from this lair over the years so i am doing my payback and not charging

tell me what you want

PM me

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back