sorry .. yes another E-11 blaster .. this time: all real parts

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by paplooo, May 11, 2012.

1. paplooo

paplooo Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]few months ago i found a real sub-machine sterling in London - with the help of few guys here i finished the replica of the beauty E11 stormtrooper blaster with all real parts // even i found the "capacitors"

enjoy!

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Pro Mod

Pro Mod Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Looks fantastic, great piece of work! :thumbsup
    I'd love to own one of those someday.

Do you mind me asking when you say you 'found the Sterling in London', where exactly did you find it?

One of the guys at work lived near the factory as a child.
    He tells of how some of his friends used to occasionally climb over the factory fence and help themselves to Stirling’s that had been cut up and thrown into the waste skips to play with!

Probably wouldn’t get away with it today!

3. paplooo

ups! i dont remember .. ill try to find it out
    but if you search "sterling machine gun for sale uk" there are few places you can get one
    prices from £340 to £700

cheers !

4. Jonny B

Jonny B Active Member

Nice. You really went all out for it! VERY nice job on the magazine too, a lot of people don't know just what a pain those are to do. Yours turned out perfect.

You going to Troop with it or just display? If your going to Troop, let me know, I'll send you a copy of our super-secret holster design so the weight is distributed better and not all on your "belt" :)

5. paplooo

hi there. thanks..is just for display.. im a pirate not a stormtrooper LOL
    I love star wars
    yes cutting the magazine was a pain.. i was searching a lot about the size, and after my SA eyes.. i decided the magazine is about 2cm X 2.5cm ( out of the machine gun body ) really short ( probably holding just 4 or 6 rounds ) no 10 !

cheers

6. Robert McLain

Robert McLain Sr Member

Great work there on your E-11! Don't apologize, you can't have too many E-11 threads(or Graflex threads, for that matter)

As to magazine size, they vary from scene to scene. I chose to cut mine pretty short as seen in the the version below:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

At this length I can can only fit four rounds of 9mm in the mag as shown on my Sterling;
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I really like the weathering you did on yours, thanks for sharing:)

Robert

7. paplooo

that is the exact picture i based on ( and i think so the only really clear about the size of the magazine )

i havent weathered yet.. LOL... is just the scratches of the "working process"

8. Jonny B

Jonny B Active Member

HEY! Very nice Robert ! Back when I was first making them (and not an RPF member) there was nothing I could find showing "how too" on the magazines or rails. You know, we should all REALLY get togeather on some sort of difinitive guide on building the E-11's. Something with all the versions (ANH, ESB, ROTJ) and how to actually make them.
    People willing to spend the initial $$$ on a real Sterling should have something like this to help them along.

9. paplooo

good idea Jonny B. i think Marv has another version of this one.. han solo`s version

i think the most simple version of all of them is this one : ( check the second picture )
    just the machine gun LOL
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Clutch

Clutch Master Member

Where did you find the "capacitors"?

11. paplooo

hi i found them in Germany.. a friend of mine bought them for me.. sadly they had just few left ( expensive though - i think they start to know what they have - same situation like graflex flashes )
    ive got few spares but im not sure yet if im gonna sell them. cheers

12. Jonny B

Jonny B Active Member

What the....!?
    Two things here A) how'd they goof so badly?! B) How did I goof not seeing this before!!

That's too funny :lol

You know, "Suposedly" there is a sceen where you can see the reflection of G.Lucas in the lens of a E-11 sittig next to the camera filming. I've never seen it myself....might just be one of those Urban Legends.

13. Juansith

Juansith Active Member

You can see the reflection of the cameraman and crew in the head of 3-PO when chewe come looking for him at the junk disposal in esb when 3po is still on the box.

Btw where did you get your twisted black phone cable that goes next to the mag?.

14. paplooo

a simple red and blue wire painted black and rolled in a small pen.

15. Trilogy

Trilogy Sr Member

You have yourself a fantastic looking E-11. Congratulations on a job well done.

16. paplooo

thanks.!
    i painted the capacitors today.. and ill weathered the blaster a bit.
    [​IMG]

17. RoCKo

RoCKo Sr Member

:love:thumbsup nuff said!

18. paplooo