Sopranos prequel film

David Chase is on board to produce. He was the creator, writer, and producer of HBO's 'The Sopranos'.

Description:

New Line has purchased the screenplay The Many Saints of Newark, the working title for a feature prequel of The Sopranos that is set in the era of the Newark riots in the 60s. That was a time when the African-Americans and the Italians of Newark were at each other’s throats, and amongst the gangsters of each group, those conflicts became especially lethal.

Count me in!

I loved The Sopranos, so I hope they pull this off, but the odds are not in their favor. Lucas couldn't do it, Peter Jackson couldn't either. Hopefully Chase will have better luck.

Anyones feelings changed? I'm sceptical, but the cast is decent and it has the right ingredients to be good. But prequels are dangerous. Eagerly awaiting a trailer.

Interesting casting. I didn't realise there was a Michael Gandolfini. I mistook him for John Cusack Jr!

Despite being skeptical, this looks pretty good. it'll be interesting to see all the older characters when they were in their prime.

So, did anyone catch this? I watched it twice over the weekend. Overall I liked it. Alessandro Nivola was great! So was Michael Gandolfini. I was surprised how little there was of Tony Soprano and how it's mostly about Dickie until I finally made the connection between Many Saints and Moltisanti. Makes perfect sense afterwards. Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing more of Tony Soprano The Early Years if they got Chase to write it and young Gandolfini to play him.

I liked it. I thought the casting, the film making, was all great. It bothered me a bit that the hierarchy of the mob family was a bit confusing. Was there a "Boss"? I should know that if I'm watching a mob movie. I thought Michael Gandalfini did great with the material he was presented. He was riveting to watch for little "James" nuances he has. And yes, I would totally watch this as an on going series.

I loved it. Sopranos is my all time favourite show and the movie certainly didn't tarnish its legacy. Great writing and fantastic performances. Particularly Vera Faminga and Michael Gandolfini. I knew going in that it was about Dickie. I know some people were disappointed that it wasn't 'Tony Soprano: The Movie'.

Defo need a second viewing and im hoping for a sequel.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back