Soooooooo...this new Hasbro 6" scale snowspeeder

Looks Studio scale to me. Interior looks more accurate than the Bandai model with the canopy handles for Dak that have never been included in any configuration before. Paint job is reminiscent of the work they did on the Sail Barge and Skiff. Very impressive, but shocked at the $140 price tag.

It might be bigger than the M.R. which is 16L X 14W

The 2010 3-3/4" version which is a totally new design and slightly smaller than the previous version is 11L X 10W

This is at least 17" long according to various estimates. Maybe more.

Scroll Down. Great pics.

This pre-order item will be available to ship on approx 06.12.2020.

Interesting. People were talking about Hasbro dropping the SW license and then this happens. The price is fair and probably will sell well.
If it does, more is sure to come.

TazMan2000

Scroll Down. Great pics.

Loving it! Wish they'd gotten some better shots of the new BS Boba helmet though - production paint there doesn't look nearly as nice as the first images, but it could just be a crappy pic. Also, thanks for the (minor) spoiler warning on the Ghostbusters Afterlife toys, Hasbro. Super job.
It might be bigger than the M.R. which is 16L X 14W

The 2010 3-3/4" version which is a totally new design and slightly smaller than the previous version is 11L X 10W

This is at least 17" long according to various estimates. Maybe more.
Yeah, I've got the 2010 one - hope this isn't just scaled up, as I think, while the scale is better than the original Kenner mold, some of the lines of the ship are wrong.

Interesting. People were talking about Hasbro dropping the SW license and then this happens. The price is fair and probably will sell well.
If it does, more is sure to come.

TazMan2000

They renewed all the stuff like Marvel and Star Wars just this week I believe. I think the combo of "Baby Yoda" merchandising, return of the last season of the Clone Wars as well as the 40th anniversary of ESB probably were deciding factors. Disney might have also used the Marvel license as a bargaining chip as well?

They also seem to be focusing more on the "high end" collectors stuff over cheaper toys

At any rate, great news

I'm sure there is much more interest in those properties to carry a line compared to merchandise from the sequels

It sure is looking more positive that Bandai follows along.

Last edited:
They renewed all the stuff like Marvel and Star Wars just this week I believe. I think the combo of "Baby Yoda" merchandising, return of the last season of the Clone Wars as well as the 40th anniversary of ESB probably were deciding factors. Disney might have also used the Marvel license as a bargaining chip as well?

They also seem to be focusing more on the "high end" collectors stuff over cheaper toys

At any rate, great news

I'm sure there is much more interest in those properties to carry a line compared to merchandise from the sequels

It sure is looking more positive that Bandai follows along.

Agreed. Perhaps a slightly new direction may be profitable for Hasbro. Pre-order placed.

Does anyone know how many snowspeeders were built for ESB? I know there was at least the big one of 2.5 feet (1/10 scale?).

TazMan2000

Last edited:
I know there were several built in various sizes.
The most common one referred to as Studio Scale was 20.5” long, and about 18” wide.

There was also smaller ones, one about 6” long as I recall.
Not to mention the full size mockups.

Mindmax built a 1/10 SS replica at about 21.65"
The Nice-N/Salzo one was 18"x18" (unsure of the scale, but looks to be about 1/12 scale according to Pythagoras and Mindmax's scale)
Nexus built one at 1/18 at 12.62"
Master Replicas 16" long and claiming they are SS but many say this is undersized.

If this is in scale with the 1/12 scale figure, that should put this Hasbro Snowspeeder at about 18".

Perhaps a Snowspeeder guru can clear this up.

TazMan2000

Last edited:
So is it just me (and don't kill the messenger, I'm just making an observation), or does the angle of the snowspeeder's canopy seem like it isn't steep enough? To my eye the cockpit tub seems slightly short and the front of the canopy and middle of the forward hull seem too swept back.

Mindmax built a 1/10 SS replica at about 21.65"
TheNice-N/Salzo one was 18"x18" (unsure of the scale, but looks to be about 1/12 scale according to Pythagoras and Mindmax's scale)
Nexus built one at 1/18 at 12.62"
Master Replicas 16" long and claiming they are SS but many say this is undersized.

If this is in scale with the 1/12 scale figure, that should put this Hasbro Snowspeeder at about 18".

Perhaps a Snowspeeder guru can clear this up.

TazMan2000
IIRC Master replicas claimed their Snowspeeder was 3/4 studio scale size... but that memory is a bit old... If true a studio scale one would be about 21 inches. But as has been said someone that actually knows will chime in sooner or later :)

Regardless I pre-ordered one. with an upgraded paintjob I bet it will be awesome... and I want to encourage other replica-ish efforts by them :D

Jedi Dade

Hi guys,
here a picture from the Book of J. W. Rinzler
Making of the Empire Strikes Back: The Definitive Story Behind the Film:

BA36437-E-B249-49-F9-8-F73-C94-E7-B9-CF164.jpg

Best,
Mark

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back