Sonic Saber by Saber Concepts

Saber Concepts

Here is a Sonic Saber I made based off of the 10th Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver. This lightsaber is fully loaded with options from 11 different sound fonts to being able to change different colors. Here are the specs:

Igniter Mini “R5”Sound Board with TruDrive and X4 RGBrB LED
20mm 2 Watt Speaker
8 Blue SMD Accent LEDs
18650 Li-Ion Battery (with charger)
2 illuminated blue tactile switches with custom Activation Box
Custom High Quality 3D printed chassis with Crystal Chamber
Custom 3D Printed Pommel
Custom “Sonic Saber” sound font by Saber Concepts
A 7/8" Trans-white Blade 32" long
Custom Blade Plug with Blue Acrylic top that will illuminate when the saber is on
Custom Deluxe Saber Bag by defcon4

Read more: http://imperialroyalarms.com/thread/4074/sonic-saber-official-thread-finished#ixzz3MxqXKRDA
and here at my Interest Thread: http://www.therpf.com/f75/sonic-sab...nic-screwdriver-220078/?highlight=sonic+saber

This is the Original Render:

and a cut away version:

and finally the finished saber and a video of how it works. (The video has just the black base coat of paint on it before I did the crackle paint scheme)

http://youtu.be/WObZsdxu3_o?list=UURo8TgMoCrSgan0A3xiVpGw

There will be several more available in a few months. This one turned out so awesome I am going to make 10 more. The interest thread link is in the original post. I was super rushed doing the crackle scheme and what should have taken 2 to 3 days I had to do in only 5 hours. The next ones will be much better.

I am looking at the 11th and 12th Doctor's Sonic but it will be very difficult to make it into a saber you can duel with. I haven't given up on it yet though. LOL

Ok in the past I tried and tried to watch the old dr who shows and just couldn't do it but last year ;) I watched ole Pete C play the dr on demand and I got hooked, I am now on my third sonic with plans to get more, I've been making light sabers for several years in the style of the original series and now you introduce this to me. Well what the Hell light sabers don't take up that much room. They say imitations the sincerest form of flattery you are going to be very flatterd ;) great job!

I have been making lightsabers since 2008 (I have made around 400 sabers so far) and have always wanted to make a Sonic Saber but never got around to it until now. I have at least 8 more I am working on now and I am designing one for the 11th/12th Doctors Sonic Screwdriver too. It is way more complex than this one was and this one was a real challenge to get it to the smallest size, put full high end electronics in it and still be able to duel with it too. The bar graph on the side was a real challenge too.

I can see it now. The 10th Doctor pulls out his Sonic Screwdriver and makes it larger and into a lightsaber (using Time Lord technology of course.) and dueling with the new villain from the upcoming Star Wars Movie. LOL

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back