Son Goku (WIP) (PIC HEAVY)

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

John NotStamos

Hi, I'm posting this here so I can self motivate myself by posting the progress on a public site.
In developing a cosplay for the lead character of the Dragon Ball series

JANUARY-Early Concept
I drew up some concept art in order to define the outfit in a real world setting
Goku-cosplay-layers.png

Goku-cosplay-layers2.png

I'm working it through this way because I see a lot of Goku cosplays take a literal translation on the design, even though Akira Toriyama drew all the males in the series with wide lats, long pelivis, and short torsos., making it wonky looking in a real world setting
O1CN01EI6Pjz1wv36bU5bKd_!!6000000006369-0-tbvideo.jpg
adult-goku-costume.jpg

INSPIRATIONS
- I want to reference a lot of traditional asian garments, Doctor Strange's training outfit, Street Fighter Gis Jackie Chan's look in Drunken Master as well as making a variation of this design from an unfinished DB short film
01_sfr0540.jpg
doctor-strange-drunken-master.png
Yoshi-Sudarso-Goku.png
1593189986699.jpg

LATE JANUARY
In order to visualize better, I drew myself in a style similar to Toriyama. And my conclusion was to embrace a high waist fit for the cosplay
Goku-cosplay-visualized1.png
Goku-cosplay-visualized2.png
Goku-cosplay-visualized3.png

FEBUARY
Because of(current events) I wanted to make a half mask for Goku that would make sense for the character to wear. I tried to see if I could make a thick layered 3d printed mask semi-Mortal Kombat styled. But after some thinking and budgeting, I think I'll buy a basic half mask and add a shiny layer to the top like in this Scorpion alt mask

IMG_4149.jpg
goku mask.png
scorpion-mortal-kombat-11-uhdpaper.com-4K-106.jpg

I got new shoes, turns out most martial arts shoes don't go to size 15, so I have to make a sew on pattern to Velcro onto this. Even the premade Goku costumes don't move to my size

IMG_3977.jpg

MARCH
Now in recent territory, I drew up a shoe design that I want to setup for the shoes inspired by fanart and cosplay
Goku-shoes64.png

That's it, I am pretty much preparing for the next steps, as the shoe stuff will be my biggest challenge

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

John NotStamos

MAY
College murdered me, but I saved up all of April to buy a tang suit for the blue undershirt. Which is pretty much a thin Japanese gi/tunic. I'll have to dye it vibrant blue somehow.
IMG_5231.jpg
IMG_5233.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.