Something new

ptgreek

Been playing with EL wire to give some effect for my new suit. This was just a trial. Cut out parts of the grill in the Gort. Still gonna back it with mesh. Finish the paint and lenses. Just wanted to see how the lighting worked

1248038759.jpg

1248038784.jpg

1248038820.jpg

1248038759.jpg

1248038784.jpg

1248038820.jpg

Ha... I have a bunch a it. Been working on a Daft Punk suit on the side and decided to apply some of it to my Pred suit. I bookmarked the link on my computer, but my Internet is down.. Posting all of this through my iPhone. I'll get you the link when I can... There are many sites selling wire and pre-fab kits... Not very expensive either. Think I spent 5 bucks on the bio's lighting

EL wire and anything that lights up is cool in my book.
I got a bunch of Red EL wires, LED's etc. from my electric supplier. There's so much u can do with them like for computer gaunts etc!

Blue lighting always looks cool, as for a pred i think it will work well as long at its not overdone :mad:

very intruiged now

...and I aim to intrigue.
EL is actually great ...not as bright as LEDs..more of a consistent mechanical glow. Too late now ..I cut into that Bio already :mad:

Yeah el wire is great my first lightsaber was made with it. You stolded a little idea I had for my pred I'm putting a little on my armor

The greatest thing about EL wire is it doesn't consume alot of electricity so 2 batteries should last you a while and it doesn't heat up. here is a link I found for EL wire they have a plug and play section for the people who may not know how to do there own wiring http://www.elbestbuy.com/index.html

Wow George----that's using the noodle! Kind of a Terminatrix look to the bio. Thanks for the links folks---this stuff's got a LOT of possibilities.

Great idea. Really brings the bio in a class of its own and looks sweet and not too overdone. That blue lighting would look sweet lighting up a row of bios....mmmmm

EL WIRE is great stuff , used t use to to light my old watercooled and Vapochilled Pc's.

looking forward to more updates George.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back