Someone using my name to sell Stormtrooper boots

TheDisturbance

My last round of boots I had a business partner who happened to be my boss. It's a long story. I won't bore you with all the details, but the guy is very greedy. He fired me from his team because I knew that he was going to break off from the company and he was doing a lot of loan fraud that I did not condone. He methodically planed to start his own company and lied and manipulated his way to it. Putting the whole companies business on the line and my job on the line. I still remain at the company, but my old business partner has since broken off. It's a good thing. He got what he wanted but at everybody else's expense.

Becuase of the distrust between us and the whole company I work for. I let him have the remaining Stormtrooper boots that he fronted the costs for. During the duration of selling the boots he never once help me ship the boots or sell them on Ebay. I recuped the mojority of the costs for his boots and didn't make any profit in the business deal. My former boss/business partner was only interested in his return on top of overworking me at work.

I was never happy with the boots that came out of his contact in Vietnam. They didn't have the same quality and craftsmanship as the boots in Brazil. There was insoles cut wrong. Glue that wasn't even dry. Trace cut patterns that were still visible. The leather wasn't up to par either. I told him this, but he didn't care. Of course customers complained and I couldn't endorse an inferior product. This was another reason I disolved my partnership with him. I didn't want to be associated with something I wouldn't wear myself.

I told my boss/business partner he could have the rest of the boots. He would make more profit then or original 50/50 deal. As long as he didn't use my name to sell the boots.

As of today he is still using my name or partial name to sell the boots on Ebay. This is known as "unjust enrichment."

Bottom line is I want to warn Troopers out there that I don't endorse these boots. So there is no confusion this is not me. They were sold under the name World famous Cheng boots. I told him to drop my name and he just dropped the "g" so not it's World famous "Chen" boots. This is half ass, but I may have to live with it. I will have no bitter feelings if folks purchase from this guy. It was my failure to see the through his lies and manipulations. I have to live with that. I am only making this postl, because I don't want to see customers get ripped off.

For the 50 pairs I did sell of this inferior product I apologize. I was under an extreme situation and dealing with a business partner that didn't care about the quality of the boots or me.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post. I hope it does it's job and warn those out there that I am not the same person.

Mark Cheng aka thedisturbance.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NoHumorMan @ Apr 24 2006, 03:12 AM) [snapback]1232112[/snapback]</div>
Can't you report him to eBay for name theft or false advertizing?

Thanks for sharing this btw: I will make sure to stay clear of this guy. :)
[/b]

I did. It ended up being a dead end. They just kept on telling me, "What is it that he's infringing?" I told them my name. Ebay tried to tell me something, but couldn't because of legal ramifications. I'm not a lawyer so I didn't know how to navigate through the situation. They gave me the impression I had leg to stand on they just couldn't spell it out for me. The discussions with ebay went on for several weeks. I felt like a broken record repeating that he is using my name with no results. At this point I just want to divorce myself from any association with what is currently being sold on Ebay.

Mark Cheng

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DarthKahnt @ Apr 25 2006, 06:12 AM) [snapback]1232719[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(clancampbell @ Apr 25 2006, 06:01 AM) [snapback]1232663[/snapback]
I'd tell the Punisher.....i bet he'd give your ex-boss a bit of a slap.
[/b]

:lol
[/b][/quote]

I e-mailed this to Ebay today. Mark Cheng:

Hi,

There has been a new development in my situation. I've asked my former boss to remove my name on April 8th. Then on April 11th he starts an Ebay auction changing my name from "Cheng" to "Chen". Look at the auctions with the *. They are auctions with the name "Chen" Then look at the other auctions. They have "Cheng". Auction 7615051291 shows he changed it back to "Cheng." Proving that he grew a conscious.

I will give you a week to comply and come up with a resolution in my favor. To remove the auctions pertaining my name "Mark Cheng" and any other variation "Chang", "Mark Chang", "Chen"....... Unjust Enrichment. Look it up please. Sean Connery is going to the same thing right now.

If I do not see a resolution within a week I will have no choice but to make my situation known on all the Ebay forums and media outlets. I have everything prepared and ready to go so it will only take one click to launch it.

Thanks,
Mark Cheng aka thedisturbance

I still have a glossy set of your first boots which I love. I prefer the look of the matte ones that I bought from your most recent run but they are terribly uncomfortable on my feet. I think I'll end up wearing the glossy ones, even though they are yellowing. I just cant deal with the fit of the newer ones.

Josh

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(animetronic @ Apr 30 2006, 03:31 PM) [snapback]1236079[/snapback]</div>
I still have a glossy set of your first boots which I love. I prefer the look of the matte ones that I bought from your most recent run but they are terribly uncomfortable on my feet. I think I'll end up wearing the glossy ones, even though they are yellowing. I just cant deal with the fit of the newer ones.

Josh
[/b]

Yeah my most recent ones' really are poor. I was not happy with them. My old boss/business partner didn't care.

I regret selling the 50 pairs of that run. I really wasn't proud of them.

I did do a rund after the 1st glossy pairs in full grain matte finish. They were the best run that I loved. The soles were just like the 1st run and super comfortable. Then I upgraded to taller uppers and they were flawless. Unfortunately the factory in Brazil bruned down so that was the end of that era of boot. :(

Mark Cheng

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back