Some Underworld Evolution found item gear

Kylash

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just thought it point these obvious found props out, the first two pics are from ebay auctions and below that is what they are, toys from the Micro Spy set...they didnt even bother taking off the original labels on the things, lol

uwe2132.jpg

uwe2113.jpg

spy_kid_toys_children_spying_micro_spy_kit_t70059.jpg

where were these used in evolution?

i saw it last week (i think), and i cant recall where they were.

i loved those lil hockey puck gas grenades though :lol

chris

not sure, i havent even seen the movie yet, just saw those props on ebay from premierprops and recgnized them right away, lol Probably some gear with the vest of the cleaners.

the piece on the bottom of the lower pic looks like the camera/recorder units the cleaners used towards the beginning when they were showing corvinus the aftermath of the battle from the first movie.

And premier props is probably asking like $500 for them right?

I haven't seen the film yet either and at this rate, not sure I'm going to.
Njc----------

Probably, but to be fair that price would be due to them actually being used in the film.

Some people collect replicas and some screen used. Something Ive always envied about replica collecting is being able to to buy something like this from TRU, repainting it, and having an item just like those used in the film. I collect screen used pieces and want to have THE one from the film. That means I pay $500 for a $5 toy. To each his own.

Originally posted by Noeland@Feb 15 2006, 06:52 PM
And premier props is probably asking like $500 for them right?

Njc----------
[snapback]1185204[/snapback]​

Oh, I wasn't splitting hairs about the worth of screen used items in general. I understand thier appeal.

I was poking fun at premier props for charging $2000 for a rubber stunt gun from the film, which may or may not have been used on screen. I think that's pretty steep, even if it was screen used.

In this specific case, they didn't even change the marking or repaint them. They just went to the store and bought em, then used them in the film. I can do that. Anyone can do that. I appreciate a little craftsmenship, even if it is just repainting. That's the draw for me, getting something unique that was created specifically for a certain project, or may have been used in a couple cool projects.

I have been known to use kids toys like this in my films to great effect, but I spend THOUSANDS of dollars on my films, not MILLIONS.

Njc-----------------------

Oh I hear you there. I guess they dont want to spend thousands of dollars on background hand props. Its astounding what a production can be charged for even a simple prop. I would say that even these repainted toys were billed for astronomical numbers, which leads to why Premier asks so much for them.

Since PP is mainly a consignment shop for studio assetts, the studio expects a certain amount for them. Not exactly per item, but there is a bottom line to selling off a film. Whether they are worth it or not depends on the person as always.

Sorry, didnt want to turn this into a value of props thread :)

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back