Some Star Trek "Props" I Came Across Today. Thoughts?

NathanM

Hey all. In my travels recently I came across these purported props. I'm not too familiar with Star Trek props. Funnily enough, TNG was the most important bit of media to me and impacted me the most but I've focused on Star Wars props instead. Go figure.

Just curious if you guys see anything in here potentially. Thanks for the insight.

Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 5.54.36 PM.pngIMG_0536.JPGIMG_0537.JPGIMG_0538.JPGScreen Shot 2021-06-11 at 5.55.04 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-11 at 5.55.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-11 at 5.55.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-11 at 5.55.58 PM.png

The first image says screen used from the estate of a prop master, presumably his/her private collection.
The odd thing is, I'm not seeing any screen used props....unless it means screen used from a fan film production.

Why did you put a link to this thread in the thread centered on the authenticity of a soon to be auction TOS era prop (replica)?

Could be mistaken as a case of

Thread Hijack.jpg

Nope. Guy wants $10,000 potentially. These aren't my specialty in the least and without provenance that's a no from me. The dealer couldn't even remember the name of the estate they came from. He made claims that other professional prop guys have looked at them and declared they are good quality etc, but that means **** all to me. Figured this forum would have better knowledge so I wanted to show them here and see what people thought but the lack of enthusiastic responses tells me all I need to know.

somebody will speak out sooner or later. i'm not into star trek myself and i had a look. think there is too much interest in the argument over the phaser that is up for auction at the moment.;)

It's a nice looking phaser. Something about that trigger shape rings a bell. I don't think they are Michael Moores? Shame you couldn't get a straight on profile with a ruler or something. Looks like nice resin pieces mostly.

Well, the ST:TMP wrist comm is from a run over at the TPZ from about 15 years ago. I don’t recall the maker but they were oversized, constructed from sheet styrene, and the wrist band itself was cut from a piece of PVC.

The rest all appear to be possible Replicas Of Unspecified Origin (R.O.U.O.s)

Last edited:
The Mk X is a resin shell. Automatic fan made designation.
The Endgame does not look like the ones HMS released via Roddenberry.
The TOS phaser looks like a convention special from the 1990's.
The Dolphin could be a recast of the HMS/Roddenberry version, hard to tell.
Don't get me started on that Hypo. meh.

It's a nice looking phaser. Something about that trigger shape rings a bell. I don't think they are Michael Moores? Shame you couldn't get a straight on profile with a ruler or something. Looks like nice resin pieces mostly.
Ed Miarecki phaser possibly? Looks pretty similar

It's got some Nelson characteristics in the trigger and thin thumbwheel, a little EM, little this/ little that all in resin. I'm trying to find an image of a Clint Young CY productions phaser to compare it to, but can't.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back