Some of you are way too young to remember Witchiepoo...

She was fantastic. She put 1000% into every performance, even when just reacting and listening. So much energy and devotion to the role. Just watch her put "real" actors to shame in the Pufnstuf movie. The "star" witches were just bland compared to her. Yes, it's hightened "children's theater" kind of comedic acting, but it takes just as much skill to do well. Maybe more. Even coming back years later do to the (mostly terrible) Paul Lynde Halloween Special as Witchiepoo, she gave it her all.

They used to run HR PufnStuf late-night/early mornings here on TV (one of the affiliate channels or the local channels, I can't remember) during my time in college and when I was up late, whether I couldn't sleep or was "on something," this show would freak me the hell out. It was a very fun time.

RIP

Sad, such childhood memories. Those googly eyes always freaked me out as a kid, particularly that owl, lol

HR Puffnstuff
Land of the Lost
Lidsville
Scooby Doo
Speed Buggy
Wonderbug.............................. the memories go on, and on, and on........................................................

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back