Some new pics of a few of my models...

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

vaderbreath

Since my son was born, I haven't done much model building, but here are some new quick pics (with that legendary $18.97 Walmart digicam). I know the pics are lousy, but you get the idea...

-Corey
Thanks again, Wackychimp, for the pic hosting!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

vaderbreath

Thanks, guys. I do most of my weathering with grey, brown, and black acrylics thinned with alcohol. I do a wash, then using q-tips dipped in alcohol, I remove what I don't want. In some cases I also used a little charcoal.

-Corey

steveo

Sr Member
Who makes those droids models? They look so much better than the MPC ones, especially the 3po.

vaderbreath

The 3PO kit was a Screamin' model I believe. It's 1:6 scale. The R2 was actually the kenner toy, but was some green and chrome droid. I had to sand the whole thing, and completely repaint it. Fun project...I thoroughly enjoyed doing the weathering.
-corey

vaderbreath

Thanks for the compliments! I wish I had better pics that show the details better, but for now this is the best I can do.
-Corey

Aegis159

Sr Member
You can find both the R2 and 3PO kits from Screamin/Kaiyodo in 1:6 scale out there pretty easily.... Elfin released the same exact kits as well but they can be iffy as whether their kits are legal or not. Screamin also put out a 1:4 scale 3PO... wish they had gotten around to a matching R2.... might be a scratchbuild in the future.

vaderbreath

Correction: My C-3PO kit was a Kaiyodo 1:6 scale, not the Screamin'. From what I could tell when I was checking these kits out, the Kaiyodo was the nicest one.

-corey