some movie location pics from LA , bttf , e.t karate kid

steveo3002

Sr Member
hey all

i thought some of you might like some of my movie location pics ive taken over 3 trips to LA

start off with BTTF

burger king where marty skates behind the pick up
calijan2009145.jpg

martys house
calijan2009154.jpg

street outside martys house..where the delorean flys
calijan2009150.jpg

tunnel that biff drives in
calijan2009395.jpg

calijan2009426.jpg

lone/twin pine mall
puentemall094.jpg

puentemall0917.jpg

calijan2009522.jpg

calijan2009127.jpg

calijan2009132.jpg

hill valley high
calijan2009100.jpg

calijan2009114.jpg

stricklands house
calijan2009112.jpg

street outside stricklands house..from the bad future
calijan2009109.jpg

and the gates at universal studios tour from a previous trip
bttfgate.jpg

this is hilldale where they pull up in the hilux and are offered a race with another truck

hilldale3.jpg

hilldale7.jpg

this is the wall the hilldale sign was on

hilldale5.jpg

docs place and his garage

gamblehouse5.jpg

gamblehouse17.jpg

gamblehouse7.jpg

the road from 1955 where the lyons estate was being built and they pushed the delorean into the hedge

215.jpg

216.jpg

chinohills2.jpg

chinohills8.jpg

biffs house

biffshouse.jpg

house where biff throws the kids ball

biffthrowsball.jpg

georges house

georgehouse2.jpg

now for some E.T

THE HOUSE
EThouse2-1.jpg

calijan2009184.jpg

the centipede from the playground scene
porterranchET6.jpg

ETplaces201019.jpg

rough location where theyre chasing them

porterranchET23.jpg

bmx take off spot

ETplaces20103.jpg

and from BATMAN ..THE 60S BATCAVE
calijan2009449.jpg

hotel from my name is earl

earlhotel20102.jpg

car wash where earl gets ran over in the opening credits
earl20102.jpg

the store from the credits..its changed a bit

earl20108.jpg

KARATE KID
the appartment

karatekidapartment201010.jpg

mr miagis workshop was next to the white car

karatekidapartment20104.jpg

golf n stuff where they had their date
golfnstuff10.jpg

40 yr virgin mall

40yrold2010.jpg

40yrold20102.jpg

Great shots, thanks for sharing! Good to see such cool locations still being around and intact, the centipede after 30 years still intact is really nice!

Did you do the scouting all by yourself or did you have a "traveling list"?

Last edited:
yeah was really cool to see that centipede , i hadnt watched e.t in years

i found all the places myself with lots of googling , its all out there if you look enough

happy to share any locations that anyone needs :)

I was actually at Golf n Stuff when they were filming Karate Kid as well as the market scene for Cobra and watched the batter ram get blown up for Die Hard. The 80's were fun.

Love the locations! Just watched Gremlins which used the same Universal Backlot as seen in BTTF I and II (since burnt down).

I came across Lorraine's house yesterday doing some reading too. Well done! Thanks for the pics!

I was actually at Golf n Stuff when they were filming Karate Kid as well as the market scene for Cobra and watched the batter ram get blown up for Die Hard. The 80's were fun.

if you have any stories please share them

golf n stuff hasnt changed much huh?

Im shocked Golf N Stuff is still around. Many of those places have gone the way of the drive in movie theater. "Castle Golf" used to be a super hot spot in the 70's and 80's, was used in many tv shows and movies but its been torn down with a handful of mini golf facades still standing and looking post apocalyptic. At any moment you expect to see zombies walking by.

Not much to tell about the film shoots. There were crowds. Back then nobody knew what was being filmed or who they may see. Cobra had a huge crowd to the point the police had to ask people to leave. For Karate Kid I seem to recall someone asking Ralph Macchio "who was in the movie" and he replied "Arnold". That would have been in regards to Pat Morita on Happy Days. Maybe the best story is with Grease. My uncle used to be a flag man at Ascot raceway in Gardena and knew someone that did something to the cars used in the Greased Lighting race. I really dont recall what that guy did but I got to ride in the cars. Whats neat but still odd is seeing my uncle as stock footage waving flags in old tv shows like Chips or whenever they are at a race track. He was a great guy and a near dead ringer for Larry Wilcox on Chips. He used to take us on little around town car trips showing us old film locations in and around Long Beach/Signal Hill. Both he and my grandma were kids in a few Little Rascals episodes.

Next time your in town drop me a line, ill show you some locations from the glory days.

I live ten minutes away from Golf N' Stuff and it's a bleak and depressing monument frozen in time of days long gone. The water slide was dismantled a decade ago, the arcade's latest addition is still Aerosmith's Revolution X, the putt putt course isn't maintained and the place is in dire disrepair. Besides the few locals and the nostalgia factor it's baffling it's still in business. Growing up going here was a highlight for me and my siblings and it's sad to see it fall into shambles.

Visiting all the BTTF locations is one of the things in my bucket list. Cool shots Steve, thanks for sharing.

The 1955 Lyon Estates has been rarely visited by most fans. Supposedly it's a private property not visited my many on regular days, great job capturing pics from there.

I live ten minutes away from Golf N' Stuff and it's a bleak and depressing monument frozen in time of days long gone. The water slide was dismantled a decade ago, the arcade's latest addition is still Aerosmith's Revolution X, the putt putt course isn't maintained and the place is in dire disrepair. Besides the few locals and the nostalgia factor it's baffling it's still in business. Growing up going here was a highlight for me and my siblings and it's sad to see it fall into shambles.

I believe its the end of water slides that doomed these places. There is a neat water slide ghost park out in the desert going towards Las Vegas ive got out and wandered through a few times. There was also a huge one on the strip in Vegas back in the 80's.

Visiting all the BTTF locations is one of the things in my bucket list. Cool shots Steve, thanks for sharing.

The 1955 Lyon Estates has been rarely visited by most fans. Supposedly it's a private property not visited my many on regular days, great job capturing pics from there.

do it before they are gone , we are very lucky that nearly all of it remains in such good condition that its almost the same still , but it wont be around forever

the 1955 road was a little harder to find , its posted as private property but only say 100mtrs into the private land , its just a deserted road i doubt anyone would get in big trouble , id planned to play the lost tourist if anyone said anything ...and i was really fast lol

That is way too cool for school. That must have been one heck of a fun trip.

Hey, is the "Biff" tunnel right by Griffith Observatory by any chance? Because if so, I've driven that tunnel dozens of times and never knew, yet I always thought it looked like it!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back