Some more Warhammer 40k stuff - from Russia

PA GOURKALOFF

Hi there, I`ve been lurking around here for quite some time, and it seems that, finally, I have something to share with you guys.

About a year ago we( me and my friends Sam and Eugene) got the permission from our armourshop owner - Serge Vlasoff - to make some LARP costumes. We made a couple Black Ork costumes out of mild steel, foam, leather and cloth:
6108421979_8cafc69f97_b.jpg

6108421877_3fd48c79db_b.jpg

6108971112_143269a440_b.jpg

After that, I`ve been following thorssoli`s super awesome spacemarine thread and recently, I managed to talk Serge into making of something along these lines, but suitable for paintball/softball.

To make matters worse, we only had a month and a half until StarCon in St. Petersburg, Russia...

So, we built ourselves a vacforming table
z_d29760bd.jpg

forged\welded together some vacforming bucks out of mild steel
z_b8f248ef.jpg

z_0dc478f3.jpg

z_e6c683a2.jpg

and got cracking:
KFtboNb6fP4.jpg

...ahem, sorry:lol :

z_d4f6c67a.jpg

01072012193.jpg

z_47b8071c.jpg

Then to slap on some paint, rivet everything together, cast some purity seals...

zzzEvPzD6T0.jpg

2nZkbrJ70EY.jpg

AAmmzft9bDA.jpg

COBeR66xtPE.jpg

M0zv1PGA4mg.jpg

OchNqT_Zg6Y.jpg

eYnZnu8Vl_I.jpg

fFMNkUnR74E.jpg

rPK1SVXWogM.jpg

rjB7jEwnPBI.jpg

yP9b6S1_Xgk.jpg

BLcQd7SM6vg.jpg

YERS IS TEH FALSE EMPRAH!!!
UutazNJsl2Y.jpg

MADE TO KICK SOME GREENSKIN *****!
R3_m8W5B5zo.jpg

5KEHV20FEZE.jpg

5eyFrSXKhyA.jpg

SiCcJSAmKIs.jpg

klh2m7IEMDs.jpg

c0QMGqbP6qA.jpg

MANKIND VICTORIOUS!
8W-I3T7b7bw.jpg

there`s a lot more to do - cast flexible rubber parts, make another version of the backpack (the current one sucks, obviously) cast rubber boots, make a new version of helmet (to be formed in one piece), rework vambraces and greaves, make some more ornament attachments for the quirass and spaulders - well, basically, almost everything...:lol

Everything we needed to know to make this possible - how-to`s, equipment and materials suggestions, inspiration - we found here, on therpf. And boy there`s so much more to try and learn! This place totally rules!

Anyway - how`s that for a first try at vacforming, eh?

Last edited:
Thanks! We`re still a long way from finished with these, I`ll keep posting progress pix. That`ll commence about two weeks from now, though - we`ve a LARP event to attend soon...

wow, these look so good!! really great job! the only thing even close to bad i could say is that they look so small. the helmet and shoulders match really well, but then the arms and legs are so thin! by no means is it flawed, but instead that's just what happens when they aren't full scaled and 8 feet tall.

still, BEAUTIFUL work!

moose - yeah, there is that...

We tried at first to make `em big, but there just was no chance for us to make them mobile enough without scaling down to actual human proportions...

You see - we are an armourshop and we mostly forge steel armour for lh reenactors doing rebated steel fights (you can check out our works here: Êóçíå÷íàÿ ìàñòåðñêàÿ "Êðå÷åò". Äîñïåõè's photos | 16 albums), so we know what actually works in armour, and what doesn`t.

A 2.5 metre tall Space Marine armour absolutely rocks - just look at thorssoli`s work here:
http://www.therpf.com/f24/vacformed-warhammer-40k-space-marine-armor-finished-122015/index17.html

Our problem was that we wanted to be able to run around while armoured, and, unfortunately, we are not nearly good enough at mechatronics to make a full-sized SM armour with an on-board generator and servoes and all the bells and whistles.

So for our purposes and abilites, scaling down was the only option.

I think they look great as is. Scaled for humans is just fine by me, since we are human sized after all.

Thorsolli's Full size giants are awesome, but to be able to wear the things and be more mobile (not to mention fit through doors :) ) for a con I think you did a wonderful job!

Well, we`ve been at it again)) Now, for an event called Igromir in Moscow, Russia, we wanted to make something funny. At first we were going to make an Angry Marine, but then the idea struck to play a pun on us being ex-USSR citizens. So, without further ado, we give you the ComradeMarine:
33yT5iot7DY.jpg

3rt8sUFQXVM.jpg

4BimFnDuWCc.jpg

6TfkRKk5c1w.jpg

7WVPb7ILIw0.jpg

8Xz6RUYRuPM.jpg

8xkYTeI3JeY.jpg

HTL_n7A9R2I.jpg

MWNWnTD41_c.jpg

Vpr6wA8AVzo.jpg

Outstanding work. Several Space Marine threads on the board these days, and all are great; but what impresses me most is your detailing on the chest and shoulders. Very impressive work!

ATM
ShackMan

Thanks! There`s so much to improve and so little time! But we should probably go and ACTUALLY make those LARP chainswords we`ve been thinking about for several months now ;)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back