Some helmets...Leonidas, RoboCop and Dredd

Laser Brain

Sr Member
I've decided to concentrate my collection on helmets and weapons only, as space will be limited when I move.

Here are a couple of things that I've recently finished up...

This is from Fettpride's moulds. I turned it from a standard Spartan soldier into Leonidas. The crest was added to the casting and the plume is real horse hair.

5747418.jpeg

This Robocop helmet is a real **** to photograph. The subtle violet, blue and green dyes that were applied over a silver basecoat prior to lacquer are more obvious to the naked eye. I'll be the first to admit that they are almost invisible in these photos.

Has anyone dirtied down their Robocop?

7413621.jpeg

7450268.jpeg

Cheers
Neil

Last edited:
Re: A couple of helmets...Leonidas and RoboCop

Both are very well done, the robocop is incredible. Like Kyle, any info on its origins?

I believe it is an 'Anticlaus' helmet, which may have come from RoboCop2? I'm not 100% on that though. I bought it here a couple of months back. It was in 3 pieces and wearable.

Beauty helmets,I really like the Robocop helmet.nice

Man...if I could have found a Robo helmet that looked that cool a little while ago, I'd have made the trip to Detroit Fanfare to have Peter Weller sign it. That thing is gorgeous!

Never mind the robo flop... That leonidas helmet is sweet. You know we have bigger houses down here right? Plenty of room for BIG Props.

Yep, with everyone else. that Robo is SAH-WEEEEEET. i would love to pick one of those bad boys up :D great scores :D

Thanks guys. I got the plume from India. There is an Ebay seller in India who sells replica ancient helmets...he agreed to sell me the plumes only.

I've been working on a hero Dredd too. I've got the detailing and paintwork done, just gotta fit the visor, sort the insides and get the badge metalised...

0883493.jpeg

Cheers

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back