Some brush on silicone mold questions.

FIREWIRE

Hey guys/gals

i have a couple of general questions concerning silicone rubber which i cant seem to find anywhere else.

1. Does silicone (smooth-on rebound 25) stick to hot glue gun glue?

2. once my "detail coat" has been applied, how long can i leave until the next coat? Must the coats be applied onto each other whilst tacky or can i take my time?

Thanks in advance :)

Michael

Hey guys/gals

i have a couple of general questions concerning silicone rubber which i cant seem to find anywhere else.

1. Does silicone (smooth-on rebound 25) stick to hot glue gun glue?

2. once my "detail coat" has been applied, how long can i leave until the next coat? Must the coats be applied onto each other whilst tacky or can i take my time?

Thanks in advance :)

Michael

I don't use smooth on RTV but most true silicones are the same. It won't sick to anything but itself. Hot glue won't work and you can try a bit it to glue silicone to itself.

To separate silicone such as making a two pieces mold use Vaseline.

You might want to go here and toward the end of the thread i have posted Youtube videos in HD documenting the silicone mold making process in detail of the Big Enterprise model I building: http://www.therpf.com/f11/studio-half-scale-tos-enterprise-scratch-build-98400/

Everything you'll need to know is in those videos.

Steve

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back