Solo Book Speeder Modified

portland182

It's probably that I'm slightly OCD, but the very lopsided look of the Book Speeder from Solo: A Star Wars Story continued to bother me.
So I took two of the Revell Easy Kits and mashed them together.
I'm quite pleased with the outcome, but I'm still looking for references for the interior to finish it properly.
As it's designed as a clip together toy, the plastic is super robust, and is hard to cut with only hand tools, so it took longer to do than I thought

Jim

DSC_0380 a.jpgDSC_0375 a.jpgDSC_0378 a.jpgDSC_0377 a.jpg

Not that 'practical' for moving through the air though (even with Star Wars technology). The Falcon gets away with it by being a spaceship.

Jim

Not that 'practical' for moving through the air though (even with Star Wars technology). The Falcon gets away with it by being a spaceship.

Jim

Practical? That term and the Star Wars universe don't exactly fit each other. You made it symmetric but now its not the Solo speeder but another thing altogether.

As you might have noticed the word practical had single quotes round it, I was acknowledging that practical and Star Wars have a tenuous relationship.
I imagined that the book speeder is old and tatty, and might have looked more symmetrical when it was new. I altered Revells toy. and that's why I called the thread Solo Book Speeder Modified.
We could also imagine that 'Book Speeders' are manufactured to be asymmetric, and that someone in the Star Wars universe modified a 'Book Speeder' because they like to modify vehicles, just like some people on Earth do.
Until there's an in universe definitive answer, we fans can create the expanded universe.

Jim

I have now discovered the kit is incorrect and the black front section extends along the side.
I'll have to do something about it when I get around to visiting the interior

It's wrong on the Hasbro toy also. But the Hasbro toy is exact to the concept model/

Capture11.JPG
maquette2.JPG

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back