Solid Steel Predator 2 Bio

bigdaz

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey Guys... First off let me apologize. My last update on this was in the wrong section! I just wanted to let you all see that bad things can be made better...

Pic 1 - I bought this 56lb rusted monster from the States. It turned out to be a master mold from the HCG Pred 2 production process
1.JPG

Pic 2 - I had it shipped from the States to Canada and when it arrived I was gutted to find it smashed into 3 pieces. The sheer weight of the thing had caused it to break its own back in transit.
2.jpg

Pic 3 - I was lucky enough to get one of the guys at work to repair the piece - I wanted to see if I could get rid of some of the rust so I set off scrubbing with rust remover and a scotch pad. After about an hour of coughing and running to the sink to wash acid splashes off my face I decided to give up and leave it to the Pros.
3.jpg

Pic 4 - The guys at Supreme Plating in Edmonton soon got to work and had the piece shining like a new quarter.
5.JPG

Pic 5- I decided that since this was a one of a kind piece I'd invest some cash and have it plated. I went for the äntiqued copper with oxidised patina"
7.JPG

Pics 6, 7, 8 - The next three pics show the final piece received today. I added some extra patina and shone through some of the copper under the antiquing...I gotta say... I'm a happy man

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
looks great ..love the antiquing on the plating ...quck question about its origin? Its a solid steel master copy of the HCG P2?

Yes Sir... I have it on good authority that it is a solid cast iron master mold from the HCG Process.

No to stir a hornets nest bud, but if its a master... wast it damaged ?
the reason I'm asking is because on the ebay auction pictures, one of the cheeks on the bio looks flared out and the dome a lil warped,and unless it's an odd angle pic.
how does cast iron warps?

No hornets nest mate... I'm open to all ideas on this piece. When I bought this piece off e-bay I asked myself the same question about the warping and how it looked out of proportion. It was only after I was able see it in reality and to put it beside my friends HCG P2 Bio that it became clear. Everything is the same proportionally until you get to areas like the recess for the laser housing in the back of the mask. This is boxed out and welded not just a remold of an original. ... almost pre-productionized. I have no idea whether this would have been something like a conceptual proof or an artists proof maybe but lots of people are convinced of its involvement in the HCG P2 Bio process

they only problem I have is with the material. Having seen the process for the likes of Sideshow..and actually having our studio do work for them, Ive yet to ever hear of a metal master copy. Fiberglass maybe ..but never metal

Thank you for bringing that up! As a tooling guy back in the day I only ever worked with the easiest way of production proving something. I know wHat it costs to create cast molds and have them machined into your required dimensions and this display would've cost a fortune to mold and pour.... The more questions that come... the more quizzed I am!! DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY FIRM INFORMATION??

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back