Done / Completed Solid aluminum Beskar Steel («COVID BRICKS») - SOLD OUT

Awesome news, everyone. Mine is out for delivery today, in the wrong town. :)

Maybe we SHOULD disband the USPS.

I had another package travel from New Zealand to L.A. in two days. It has now been 22 days and counting trying to make its way to NJ. :lol:

My beskar now sits in its new home. The second bar I bought is now officially at Rancho Obi Wan.
6E451C26-18EC-4BA7-BC46-8714581E6AC1.jpeg

Did you use aluminum black on it? Looks AWESOME!

I did. (wear gloves). I also used scratchy pads and 1500 grit sandpaper. If you aren’t happy with the blacking or it blotched funny or even ran down the side unevenly you can scratchy pad it to even it out and you can apply it as many times as you need, (this bar was twice- the one at Rancho also got two all over applications plus an extra on only the face as it just plain needed it) and a final wet sand on the ridges with 1500, which really makes it pop in person.

I have blued guns before, as well as two of my Civil War sword scabbards, so this wasn’t something that made me nervous. And once you do it, you realize it’s easy.

edit: Beskar In the SW universe is kind of like a bar of gold. We want them perfect as props, but have you ever seen a gold bar? Beat to hell. It’s more real world to have it be ‘used’.

Last edited:
Mine arrived this week and they're great! Ordered 3 and only 1 showed up with a small nick. Using one as a paper weight and keep getting asked about it. Thanks!

I ordered one and got it in the mail a coupe days ago but have been out of town and just got to open it today.
I gotta say I wish I had odered at least 3 now. Thanks Lukyanov for the run! I m in for more it you ever do another!!

Received my replica...3 trips to post office later playing tag with delivery person. Haha. I did a simple wash of acrylics black and browns. Had to file down one spot but once it starts to naturally weather that will vanish. Thanks again.
20200725_233148.jpg

Finally got mine in even though the tracking number had expired. Corners were undamaged but got a nice ding right at top edge. Will work on weathering it with AB later this week. Overall nice quality.

SCOOOOORE...beautiful items, one tiny ding in one of my two bricks, can't even see it.

DONE AND DONE. :)

Attachments

• IMG_8882.JPG
    IMG_8882.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 103
Corners damaged on all three of mine... I'm not impressed at how these were shipped. Filing will not help get them looking how I intended. I'm PM'ing you Lukyanov. Very disappointed.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back