Soldier (Kurt Russell 1998) - Props?

Oh, okay. :D It is a good screencap.

How about the bayonettes... anyone know if the blades were custom-made or was it an existing knife that was used? It looks like something I've seen before, somewhere, but I can't place it. I may have seen a knife blade like that at the BudK website or something, but it's kind of a hunch. I'll dig around and see if I come up with something close. I may consider crafting one out of wood or resin if I can't find a close match.

Are there any replicas of the Century Arms AK bullpup? You can pick up a fully functional version at gunbroker.com for anywhere from $580 - $680, but it would be nice to not spend that much.

Last edited:
I have in storage and in need of repair the original DX15 planet killer. One of the first original props I ever bought and got it for a song. Shipping was killer and the guy who sold it to me recomended someone local. I paid for a crated foam packed ship and got a wardrobe box on a palette. The sphere was torn loose on one of the joints and the aluminum joint on one of the legs was fractured (clean but aluminum welding . . . and repair/weld to 1/32" steel where the mount pulled out). I have kept it all these years (at least 8) but never welded it, fixed it, or displayed it. It is a big daarn thing (4ft footprint due to the legs). The electronics are in place and there is a cable remote to activate the cooling rods and counter.

Still one of the most heartbreaking purchases I made. Should get around to getting it fixed one of these days but I have had several potential welders fall through.

Doc

Last edited:
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back