soft urathane deformation problem

Keivan

i have a question, wondering if any one have a solution for me. so i have few goodies i have purchased like a bat cowl and other things like superman trims and on and these urethane items some are warped or some what bend and not full on straight how it should sit so i was wondering any idea how i can straighten the urethane items with out damaging the peace itself?

any advice is greatly appreciated
Keivan

Typically, for bat cowls, you place the item in a pillow case and place it in the dryer , low heat, a few minutes at a time .
Until the urethane returns to the original shape.

thank you for your respond RaceMachX, would a blow dryer work in small doses? also how about trims? smaller and flat pieces that are curled and twisted? can I put in under the blow dryer or maybe heat gun on a super low settings?

Typically, for bat cowls, you place the item in a pillow case and place it in the dryer , low heat, a few minutes at a time .
Until the urethane returns to the original shape.

thank you for your respond RaceMachX, would a blow dryer work in small doses? also how about trims? smaller and flat pieces that are curled and twisted? can I put in under the blow dryer or maybe heat gun on a super low settings?

I would be cautious with heat gun or blow dryer.
The dryer pillow is an low indirect even heat to reset the urethane back to the original shape.
Perhaps you could toss the small trim pieces in the bag also.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back