SOFT FOAM

I don't think you would find it where you live. You would be better of finding it online. Try searching for polyurethane soft foam. Some people call it cold foam. If you plan to use it to fill a mask or something like that, I would go with a 3 to 4 pound density foam.

smooth-on has some. monstermakers has it as well. i just used monstermakers PU soft foam today for the first time. pretty decent stuff. just make sure you use it quick the pot life is extremely short and you have to leave it alone for the first 30 seconds or else it might deflate.

smooth-on has some. monstermakers has it as well. i just used monstermakers PU soft foam today for the first time. pretty decent stuff. just make sure you use it quick the pot life is extremely short and you have to leave it alone for the first 30 seconds or else it might deflate.

Hey man are you using that to fill the foam the mask? any tutorials on this?

Hey man are you using that to fill the foam the mask? any tutorials on this?

yeah, i put just some in the crappy first pull to just see it work. makes it nice and stiff while still be soft. i know, sounds counterintuitive. i then put some in a mask i still had in the mold. here's the exciting part---- the foam is keeping the latex from shrinking. this second one fits the bonehunter just like it should!!!!
i dont know if ill do a tut. im still kinda working things out with the foam. basically im mixing it and throwing it in :p

yeah, i put just some in the crappy first pull to just see it work. makes it nice and stiff while still be soft. i know, sounds counterintuitive. i then put some in a mask i still had in the mold. here's the exciting part---- the foam is keeping the latex from shrinking. this second one fits the bonehunter just like it should!!!!
i dont know if ill do a tut. im still kinda working things out with the foam. basically im mixing it and throwing it in :p

I'm getting the spray on Urethane foam for other molding purposes.
This is not the same foam for filling the half mask for wearing right? is it safe for wearing on skin?

I'm getting the spray on Urethane foam for other molding purposes.
This is not the same foam for filling the half mask for wearing right? is it safe for wearing on skin?

the Pu soft foam i use from monsterroom is ok for skin. they sell it for the purpose of filling bigger masks. the harder foam crack sealant (ie. Great Stuff) that you find in hardware stores, im not sure how safe that is for skin contact.

xdmray,

what if you put something in between the foam itself and your head, maybe some other coating will do, and then you will not have it near your hair or skin....

(yes, I went and bought that pipe insulating foam :p )

---
Ei'luj

hey julie, that should work i would think. i dont even know if crack sealant is or isn't bad for direct skin contact. since it is for windows i would think it is bad for you. and wise to not sweat all over it.
but then again im just guessing here :p

Xdmray,

Another thought, on another thread someone was worried that it may affect the latex of the mask, for that I would put something between it also, that way its sandwiched between the layers (mask-layer-foam-layer-head)... now to figure what layering material wouldn't react with the foam....

(I know there was a thread on how to foam a mask, but can't find it... search won't let me put in a phrase "how to foam a mask" it stops on the less than three letters to a word and complains about it.....)

---
Ei'luj

i havent heard about it affecting the latex. but i don't know personally. guess i will see since i filled one!

Yay finally a tut on foaming. I'm foaming at the mouth now huahahahah :p
By the way, I got the spray foam for insulation. Its says after it has cured its safe and non toxic. But during the expansion stage its highly toxic.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back