So, who's gonna build a 1:1 Real Steel robot?

Howlrunner

Sr Member
I'm a sucker for movie robots, and ones that box...?! Come on! That's just screamin' out for some 1:1 replicas!

The lifesize animatronic robots built by Legacy FX (formerly Stan Winston Studios) have been on display (well, Atom, Ambush and Noisy Boy have been anyway), so there are some good reference shots out there.

Atom's head looks (deceptively?) simple to model - at least a 1:1 bust?

real-steel-atom-costume-for-kids.jpg

Cos I'm afraid that THIS just isn't doin' it for me:

32670-Kids-Classic-Atom-Costume-large.jpg

:lol

Last edited:
Boy would that be awesome!!! Stan Winston would be so proud of his gang had he still been here.

Ben

Ah now THIS is more like it!

I found this pic:

302151_10150355947084201_510739200_7691740_501606961_n.jpg

I believe this is something that Sideshow will be releasing. :)

(Would still like to see an unpainted fan sculpt that I could possibly actually afford....)

I'm a sucker for movie robots, and ones that box...?! Come on! That's just screamin' out for some 1:1 replicas!

The lifesize animatronic robots built by Legacy FX (formerly Stan Winston Studios) have been on display (well, Atom, Ambush and Noisy Boy have been anyway), so there are some good reference shots out there.

Atom's head looks (deceptively?) simple to model - at least a 1:1 bust?

real-steel-atom-costume-for-kids.jpg

Cos I'm afraid that THIS just isn't doin' it for me:

32670-Kids-Classic-Atom-Costume-large.jpg

:lol

I bet someone is already working on this using foam.

Slightly OT, but the first thing I thought looking at the first Atom pic was "Isn't that Geoff from the Craig Ferguson show behind that wire mesh?" :lol

I realise that a full 1:1 robot is rather pushing it, but I'd love to see someone (other than Sideshow) tackle some lifesize busts of some of the robots - Atom, Noisy Boy, Ambush and Metro (the one he fights at The Zoo) specifically.

I'll buy the Sideshow bust once it's released and the figures produced by ThreeA.

Both my nieces and I enjoyed the hell out of this film. It's Over the Top, Rocky, Rocky IV mashup with Robots.

The ThreeA figures I've looked at when I was at Toys'R'Us the other day, and they come in two separate sizes. The bigger ones look like they have potential to modify and customized. I don't know how accurate they are to the film, so I can't say how close to accurate they are.

The ThreeA figures I've looked at when I was at Toys'R'Us the other day, and they come in two separate sizes. The bigger ones look like they have potential to modify and customized. I don't know how accurate they are to the film, so I can't say how close to accurate they are.

The figures in Toys R Us are the ones made by Jakks Pacific. The deluxe versions are OK, but could all do with customisation/repaints.

The 3A figures will be 1:6 scale, probably about $150 each, and are NICE. So far only Stampede has been shown:

KmYRv.jpg

hcMwK.jpg

I know that Noisy Boy, Stampede and Atom were built full size as animatronics (as they have been on display), but were the other robots (Midas, Metro, Zeus) built full size, or were they just CGI?

I REALLY hope a Making Of book is released at some point.

Sad that this hasn't went anywhere. I finally watched the movie and it should have done way better at the box office. It was amazing.

I just got started Scaling up the figures i got today. Legacy studios made 20 robots in all for the back ground as well. Atom is 7ft in the movie where the other ones he boxes are around 8ft. I started to play around with a 1:1 blue print so later one I can build a bust of each

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back