so which costume will be the most overdone at comicon

sp1derman

Sr Member
i may never have been. but i am going this year to the London one in July but from what i have seen there seems to always be spiderman, superman and batman but this year who will we see more of The Avengers? Batman? or Spider-Man?

three big superhero films in one year or will the films make no difference and ill be the only spiderman this year (doubtful) lol

Last edited:

I saw 3 Katniss' at ECCC this year, but they were each of her in different points in the movie so it was kind of cool. We had Tribute Selection Katniss in her blue dress, Hunting Katniss, and Tribute Katniss.

tumblr_m2dvy48QE61qamv8to1_500.jpg

Dang, you guys beat me to it! I'll just say "ya, me three"
I saw 3 Katniss' at ECCC this year, but they were each of her in different points in the movie so it was kind of cool. We had Tribute Selection Katniss in her blue dress, Hunting Katniss, and Tribute Katniss.

tumblr_m2dvy48QE61qamv8to1_500.jpg

The ones that's going to be overdone this year are as followed (the numbers are going to be for one convention, but times it by the multiple numbers of conventions each year and you get the idea):
The Avengers - Seriously, you're not going to be able to go three feet without spotting one, two, three or all of them.
The Dark Knight Rises - The number of Jokers from the previous film are going to be down to at least three or four, while there'll be a sudden boom in Catwomen (both hot and ugly, thin and heavyset alike, in all variations) and possible three to six Banes being seen at one convention.
TRON - There is a good possibility of a second wind coming for TRON, especially with TRON: Uprising coming out and the third film still in the preproduction stage.
The Raid: Redemption - Would not be surprised if there was at least three of the people dressed as characters from that film.

The Shortlisted (Ones that will have a minimal number, possibly even 1):
Attack the Block - Due to the limited release in the U.S., but probably would have some of a fanbase at other conventions outside of the U.S.)
Eureka - Especially since its starting it's final season. Fans of the show may dressed up as their favorite characters in hopes of trying to spread word on the show in an attempt to boost the ratings.
Last of Us - A video game about an apocalypse with at least one character who looks and sounds like Ellen Page. Yeah. Someone's going to do it.

Of course, I could be wrong.

I really don't think ironman would be that common due to the difficulty to build. More likely fat guys in spandex spiderman costumes

And for all of those people who worked hard on their costumes and put forth their best efforts, they'll have you guys, sitting at home on the internet commenting on them.

Stormtroopers, it's like an organized militia or something.
Cobra Troopers.
Pedobear. He is always lurking.
Spiderman.
Of course if most people where like me, they would build one outfit and just stick with that, altering and improving it slightly every year.

I'm gonna guess you'll see a bunch of Iron Man (Iron Men?) Mk. 19384234441.4-and-a-half.

I base this off the following facts:

1. Armor outfits can work for almost any body type, and therefore look good almost all the time (if done properly).

2. The various Iron Man properties (Avengers included) have been extremely popular and around for a bit now. That means plenty of folks have had time to build their outfits.

3. It's an elaborate outfit that is likely to generate praise if done properly.

4. The Avengers is INSANELY POPULAR.

So, yeah, that'd be my bet. Lots of Iron Men.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back