So what ever happened to REIN ONE?

Ghost Host

Sr Member
So what ever happened to Paul (REIN ONE)? Unfortunately I have been waiting on a Vader suit from him for a very long time. I know he's started his own construction business, and I can be very patient, but it's hard to virtually never get a response from someone who's working on something for you. I believe he has good intentions, but luckily no money has traded hands.

It really gets my goat when people sell goods and/or services and don't deliver what they promise.......... I've finally reached the point to where I'm getting to rip a sculptor I hired a new one. And unfortunately for me, money has swapped hands. Sorry for the slight de-rail.

Yea, I've sent him about 15 e-mails over the past year and his PMs bounce back, as his box is full. I don't have his current phone number as he's moved a few times. But I'd love to call him if anyone has the current number?

I don't want to come off like I'm demanding anything officially here. Paul's a good guy. Like I said, I haven't sent any money to him yet. I just want to know if anyone else has heard from him and gain some insight as to what happened to him? In November he sent me a PM saying I'd finally have my suit by Thanksgiving. So far nothing and no replies.

Originally posted by clutch@Feb 8 2006, 03:48 PM
It really gets my goat when people sell goods and/or services and don't deliver what they promise..........  I've finally reached the point to where I'm getting to rip a sculptor I hired a new one.  And unfortunately for me, money has swapped hands.  Sorry for the slight de-rail.
[snapback]1179143[/snapback]​

Yea you've been here SUCH a LOOOONG time... to reach this conculsion... :lol :lol :eek: :rolleyes

Originally posted by DARKSIDE72+Feb 9 2006, 04:19 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DARKSIDE72 @ Feb 9 2006, 04:19 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-clutch
@Feb 8 2006, 03:48 PM
It really gets my goat when people sell goods and/or services and don't deliver what they promise..........  I've finally reached the point to where I'm getting to rip a sculptor I hired a new one.  And unfortunately for me, money has swapped hands.  Sorry for the slight de-rail.
[snapback]1179143[/snapback]​

Yea you've been here SUCH a LOOOONG time... to reach this conculsion... :lol :lol :eek: :rolleyes
[snapback]1179506[/snapback]​
[/b]

An RPF membership date has nothing to do with a person's experience. I've been dealing with collectibles for about 25 years now and have dealt with every kind of collector imaginable, both good and bad. Just because a person joins a year ago doesn't mean they're new to the hobby.

Thanks ReelManiac, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Again, I apologize for the outburst and my comment was not directed at Paul. GH's post just hit a nerve after all the other posts I've read about people waiting years for stuff and my own experiences with deadbeats who promise you the world and don't end up giving you the time of day when it's all said and done.

I hear you Clutch, and I have some other deals that are right alongside your bad one. Believe me. In this case, I think Saber-Holder is probably right, Paul's just extremly busy. But I'd like to know if he plans to do my suit or if I should start looking elsewhere. It's just time to finish my Vader figure.

I'll second Paul being on the up and up. I bought my suit from him last year and it did take quite a while and he was hard to get in touch with sometimes but it was all worth it. I have a couple of different emails for him if you want to pm me. Maybe you can reach him.

I've been trying to find out from him since last November if he is still making his Vader capes & robes, but unfortunately received no reply. :(
If anyone that knows him can answer this, I would be grateful.
Thanks

Lance

I'm with you Ghost Host...Rein One goes in spurts of vanishing, but he always haas a good reason for it. I am sure saberholder got you his telephone number?

Because of his family, his new buisness and other life nessesities, he has not taken on any new projects nor will ever, as far as I know. he said it was just too much work to make it worth it, and as much as he hates to he has to step back.

Hes always been there to talk and go over, hes best to reach at 9-10 Friday-Sunday...thats when I have had the best luck anyway.

If i talk to him Ghost Host I will tell him your concerns...I am also waiting on some things so i hope everything levels out for you.

Same things happened to me...

I contacted him last year (about July) asking him about a vader suit, cape & robe, and he told me he could do it for me, but it would take a little... I told him, no problem on wait... I told him I let let him know when I gather all the money to start it...

When I got the money (arround 1 or 2 months later) I tried to contact him to ask him to start with the suita and cae/robe... but after lots of emails with no answers, I simply decided to quit...

I know he is a very very very very busy man, but I think he could even answer 1 time the email and say at least he wont do it... This way we could know if we must find other sources or what...

I´m not trying to say nothing bad about Paul, He is for sure a great guy and very busy, but at least an asnwer (is the only thing I asked)...

Finally, I jumped into the TMP suit (in development at this moment), and judging by the pictures, I think is way better than the RO... And I managed to get a set of the RO´s cape and robe by other source :D:D:D:D

So, I have everything...

P.S. GH, I will send you pictures of my new suit as soon as I recieved it... ok ?? (I think you will simply go for the TMP as well).

Yes I've looked at the TMP suit and with some minor adjustments I think it would work out well for me. But I'd hate to go ahead with something like that and then have Paul come back in a month or two with... "ok here it is." and I'd have to say, "well I went with someone else, sorry"... It would be awkward to say the least. Thank you to those who've PM'd me with info though. :)

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back