So, what do you guys think of this stand?

Rylo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just got this wired up and wanted to share a few pics of my new reveal stand.

What do you think?

-Rylo

9881-picture-3219.jpg

9880-picture-3139.jpg

9878-picture-3136.jpg

9879-picture-3137.jpg

Last edited:
I think that there is too much metal going on there. It detracts from your piece. A plexi stand would show your saber more.

Something about that looks familiar ;) I think it looks awesome.

But I also agree with Fyfe... it seems to be missing something, but you're definitely on the right track

I have to agree with Brad. I think the metal clashes with the metal, too much silver. Now for a DS gun it would be perfect!

Guess I have to concur with some of the previous posters. The overall design is FLAWLESS. However, all the aluminum tends to "wash-out" the awesome of the saber. I'd like to see the base 'black', & the Rebel Alliance standard in 'red', or even 'clear' acrylic internally-illuminated in 'red'. :love

*shrugs*

This saber is so gorgeous that it deserves a display that makes it look like it's floating (by way of The Force)

tumblr_lkpdwp0IzR1qanf0co1_500.jpg

Thanks for the input guys. Yeah, it's one of those pieces that people seem to either instantly dig on or they just go, "eh' sokay..."

The idea was to have an industrial, rather utilitarian looking stand that looked more like a recharge station of sorts. I wanted more of a blend than an accent, if that makes sense. Sometimes I get a little too artsy.

Still, had some good feedback and I may stick an interest thread in the junkayrd later.

Thanks, again. All good comments...mucho appreciated. :)

I powder coated one in red about a year ago; looked cool with a graflex on it but did nothing for the reveal. That's why I ended up making the pegs adjustable so any number of sabers could be centered on it.

Thanks!

Matt black powder coat? :)

I'm of the opinion one can never have too much metal, but I get and appreciate your input, sir! Agreed though, it is a little bright looking in that daylight shot. The finish is more of a dull, brushed aluminum up close.

I think that there is too much metal going on there. It detracts from your piece. A plexi stand would show your saber more.

I like it, but agree about the bare metal. What about painting or powder coating it red, then weather the crest sort of like on Luke's helmet?

I agree, painting or powder coating the Rebel symbol, maybe swapping to the appropriate color LED for the saber blade might be better?

The stand itself is VERY nice, but the issue I have is that it is so nice and intricate that it starts to distract from the awesome saber!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back