So, what do you guys think of this stand?

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by Rylo, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Rylo

Rylo Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Just got this wired up and wanted to share a few pics of my new reveal stand.

What do you think?

-Rylo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
    Adam C. and Nobby like this.
  2. Nobby

Nobby Sr Member

very, very nice
    looks fantastic :thumbsup

3. Organic Mechanic

Organic Mechanic Sr Member

That looks awesome! What a great alternative to the usual methods. Great work man.

4. C0mmand3rC0dy

C0mmand3rC0dy Sr Member

Will you be selling these? I wonder if they will fit the EFX Reveals.

5. Nicksdad

Nicksdad Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Very classy, well done.

6. Jedifyfe

Jedifyfe Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I think that there is too much metal going on there. It detracts from your piece. A plexi stand would show your saber more.

7. DS Operative

DS Operative Well-Known Member

Something about that looks familiar ;) I think it looks awesome.

But I also agree with Fyfe... it seems to be missing something, but you're definitely on the right track

8. Funky

Funky Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I have to agree with Brad. I think the metal clashes with the metal, too much silver. Now for a DS gun it would be perfect!

9. Nexus6

Nexus6 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Guess I have to concur with some of the previous posters. The overall design is FLAWLESS. However, all the aluminum tends to "wash-out" the awesome of the saber. I'd like to see the base 'black', & the Rebel Alliance standard in 'red', or even 'clear' acrylic internally-illuminated in 'red'. :love

*shrugs*

10. Scapey

Scapey Sr Member

Matt black powder coat? :)

11. Jedifyfe

Jedifyfe Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

This saber is so gorgeous that it deserves a display that makes it look like it's floating (by way of The Force)

[​IMG]

12. Rylo

Thanks for the input guys. Yeah, it's one of those pieces that people seem to either instantly dig on or they just go, "eh' sokay..."

The idea was to have an industrial, rather utilitarian looking stand that looked more like a recharge station of sorts. I wanted more of a blend than an accent, if that makes sense. Sometimes I get a little too artsy.

Still, had some good feedback and I may stick an interest thread in the junkayrd later.

Thanks, again. All good comments...mucho appreciated. :)

13. Rylo

I powder coated one in red about a year ago; looked cool with a graflex on it but did nothing for the reveal. That's why I ended up making the pegs adjustable so any number of sabers could be centered on it.

Thanks!

14. Rylo

I'm of the opinion one can never have too much metal, but I get and appreciate your input, sir! Agreed though, it is a little bright looking in that daylight shot. The finish is more of a dull, brushed aluminum up close.

15. Sluis Van Shipyards

Sluis Van Shipyards Master Member

I like it, but agree about the bare metal. What about painting or powder coating it red, then weather the crest sort of like on Luke's helmet?

16. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

I agree, painting or powder coating the Rebel symbol, maybe swapping to the appropriate color LED for the saber blade might be better?

17. Organic Mechanic

Organic Mechanic Sr Member

Huh. It's the metal on metal look coupled with the green lights that caught my eye the most. To each his own I recon.

18. Fuzzual

Fuzzual Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Sweet display.

19. Art Andrews

Art Andrews Community Owner Community Staff

The stand itself is VERY nice, but the issue I have is that it is so nice and intricate that it starts to distract from the awesome saber!