So this took some work...(saber modding)

jd pilot

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So I picked this saber up from a run here, however it was lacking a bit to my liking. For those who aren't aware, it's made of aluminum (cast), comes apart (5 pieces counting the arms and end cap that unscrews), and is hollow. Below is how it was received, minus the three tapped holes I put in before I thought about taking pictures:

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Last edited:
Re: My Kylo Ren lightsaber upgrade

So...I wound up (with a little help from friends..hat tip to Philip Wise and Devan at Blue Realm) machining out the 'cut hole', machining a new accurate end cap, laser etching the little panels in between the grips, making several greeblies on the outer body by either 3D printing or laser cut acrylic, 3D printed the emitter insert, exhaust inserts, wire holders and saber 'guts', drill and tap holes, allen head screws, a couple blue and a red wire, and gave it one heck of a paint job. I'm rather pleased with the end result.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Last edited:
Re: My Kylo Ren lightsaber upgrade

Great work! Ya I felt the same way when I first got mine but I have yet to mod it. This is a HUGE improvement over the original!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back