So, no RPF love for the new pilot, Poe Dameron?

Maybe they will have it next time in London. BTW.. I would like to correct my statement:

...I have not seen anything Poe or Resistance Pilot displayed... except for the model X-Wing.

The Force Awakens exhibit didn't have the resistance (rebel) pilot costume unfortunately. It had: the First Order (empire) Flametrooper, Snowtrooper and Stormtrooper. Kylo Ren, Rey and Finn. Kylo RENs Lightsaber. Models of the new X-wing and millennium falcon. BB-8. And 2 misc desert planet costumes.

This is what I get for not being able to get on here since I got off work Friday night! This thread has movement!

I was disappointed to see there was no pilot costume pieces at Celebration, but I'm hoping they will get some more stuff out soon, even from Anovos.

I really like this helmet and could see myself buying one. This the new tie helmet and Kylo mask. :)

Ben

Just adding another pic for reference:

image.jpg

Just adding another pic for reference:

View attachment 472983

I was just going to post this pic. It is the best shot of the boots so far. I have been pretty excited about this costume. I think it is probably the best one I have seen from the teasers, especially after seeing how uncomfortable the new stormtroopers look.

I believe I found the base boot. Check these out and see what you guys think. I found them on eBay. I am sure they are a knock off of whatever boot was screen used but it is pretty cheap and seems very close.

$_57.JPG

Both boots look to be the same from the shaft down, and the second set looks to be a bit closer as far as the shaft itself. Looking at the photo of Poe walking toward the camera though, the boots he wears doesn't look to be that tall though. Perhaps there is a happy medium between the two, shorter shaft but similar.

I can't help but feel as if the side of the helmet is a cover for something. You can see an exposed bracket right by where the lenses are. Also I believe the orange lens is from a snowmobile modular helmet

Last edited:
Hard to say what boots it is but it looks to me more similar to this one.View attachment 473278

from what has been shown, I would lean toward this one. Note the main area is lighter in color than the shaft, just like in the recent photo.

what kind and brand boot is this!

Boots are going to be an issue because even if you buy you suit/gear from Anovos, you still need to provide your own boots (based on current offerings).

Kind is easy, they are mucker boots.

The problem is which exact model. It appears the main part of the boot is extremely common, probably Chinese made, but the shaft is what we need more reference pictures of. There are 100s existing styles all with the same base.

One other problem is the toe cap. The boot in the film has a smooth cap, and the close matches I've seen all have horizontal ridges.

I had buy a pair from ebay UK. You can remove the inner padding so the boots looks not so high.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MENS-BLAC...eb3859e&pid=100033&rk=1&rkt=4&sd=321573623584

l
from what has been shown, I would lean toward this one. Note the main area is lighter in color than the shaft, just like in the recent photo.

what kind and brand boot is this!

Boots are going to be an issue because even if you buy you suit/gear from Anovos, you still need to provide your own boots (based on current offerings).

Kind is easy, they are mucker boots.

The problem is which exact model. It appears the main part of the boot is extremely common, probably Chinese made, but the shaft is what we need more reference pictures of. There are 100s existing styles all with the same base.

One other problem is the toe cap. The boot in the film has a smooth cap, and the close matches I've seen all have horizontal ridges.

The horizontal ridges maybe there but just obscured by low resolution. I've seen that plenty of times in the past. The best pict of the toes so far is the one with Poe walking toward the camera, and even the original image was not very crisp. The image i posted earlier in this thread was photoshopped for a crisper look. So very possible that detailing could have been lost.

But I agree that there are a lot of boots with similar bases. I think the only details about the shaft so far is that it is blacker than the base and the top is not very close fitting based on the image hanging off the X-Wing and how the leg of the appears.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back