So I thought I would get to watch DISTRICT 9 on Blue Ray tonight...

PS3 is pricey, but the way to go. I have had 0 problems at all playing anything on that system and movies load SUPER fast.

PS3 one way to go, but not the best for picture quality. Sony standalones are better, but of course with a PS3 you can also play games. but I'm more a 360 man myself

Sorry some of you are having this problem. I just saw it for the first time a couple of nights ago and the standard was giving me trouble. It was lagging badly when attempting to skip chapters. The movie played fine but it was a bit strange.

The movie freakin' rocked! Great flick. (y)thumbsup(y)thumbsup Made Avatar seem tame.

I got the Harry Potter ULTIMATE blue rays and went to watch the Video Commentary. Locked up my Samsung player. Turned out I needed to update the Blue ray player. felt like a dork wehn I learned it.

As for District 9? Best Movie of the summer, if not the year. The ONLY movie this year that I felt an emotional atachment to. Great filmaking

I've had a couple of movies freeze up on me on my PS3. One of recent was Defiance on bluray. It froze at one point and then continued on 20 mins later in the film. I took it out, cleaned it, tried it again and it made it past that point, but then froze again later. Pretty annoying.

Im scheduled to get D9 on bluray today and watch it this weekend so I'll let you know if I have any problems.

It played fine on my Panasonic. I've only had my player for a month now so I figure I am good with the newer movies. That is the one thing I don't like about Blu-Rays. I hate that you need to keep updating the firmware to play new movies. Can't there just be a standard for them that stays universal for the life of the format? I have a DVD player from 1998 that still plays all of my DVDs, even the new ones. Great movie though. I watched it Saturday afternoon when my wife went out. That night she wanted to watch it. So I got to watch it twice that day. She really liked it as well.

Sweet

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back