So I got a Heiland...

Metallijosh

...so where do I go to get the rest of the parts?

There's a guy who sells a shroud, button assembly, and clamp on shapeways that I'm thinking about ordering. Does anyone know anything about them though?
This is my first replica and I'm not sure what move to make next now that Blastech is out of the question.

This is a tough one. I happened upon a metal cast shroud when I made mine, which was lucky because I had this same problem. Master Replicas shrouds (like the one that floats around the bay from time to time) are very decent! same goes with the bulb release, which in reality is plastic anyways.

The clamp....Parks does sell a very decent replica, but asks 20 bucks for shipping on a 35 dollar clamp. A member just made his own last week out of raw materials! There really are no vendors for MPP parts :( I happened to get John's last raw clamp (blast tech) so I never had to find another solution

I bought a resin shroud cast by member Sidewinder, but I believe it may have been his only one as it seemed like he had made the cast a while ago. As for the clamp, I have no clue unless you could make one yourself or see if some supers killed craftsman could make one for you. You could post a WTB ad in the Junkyard.

Roy and I are going to meet this week ... he's going to use my MPP and ROTJ Stunt parts + all the additional information which I can provide, to measure and reverse engineer the parts you seek to convert a Heiland and G R A F L E X in the Vader saber of your choosing ... just bear with us since production and sales won't start overnight :)

Chaim

My hero! Thanks for undertaking this Chaim!

Roy and I are going to meet this week ... he's going to use my MPP and ROTJ Stunt parts + all the additional information which I can provide, to measure and reverse engineer the parts you seek to convert a Heiland and G R A F L E X in the Vader saber of your choosing ... just bear with us since production and sales won't start overnight :)

Chaim

Cheers, however thanks goes also and mostly out to Roy, who's willing to expand wannawanga, now that Blast-Tech's parts are no longer readily available ;)

Chaim

Chaim

This is great news, I really would love to get a vader graflex.
@Metallijosh I got my Mpp parts from Parks, but it took 17. weeks, plus the shipping was quite steep. So maybe it will pay to get your parts from Roy when they get going.
Best of luck!

Chaim

Nice! I'm definitely down for that!!

This is great news, I really would love to get a vader graflex.
@Metallijosh I got my Mpp parts from Parks, but it took 17. weeks, plus the shipping was quite steep. So maybe it will pay to get your parts from Roy when they get going.
Best of luck!

I thought about Parks, but I don't want to wait that long.

Maybe I'll get lucky and find the parts on the 'bay. I check everyday.

I got a shroud from The Terminator, a clamp on order from TCSS, and grips on order from Roy. All I need now is the correct bulb release(?) button setup and I'll have all the parts!

I'll post pictures as soon as the clamp comes in.

I'm so excited!!:cheers

Roy and I discussed the bulb release ... I forgot if he's going to attempt it or just focus on the shroud first for now :wacko

What happened to ole Blastech (been outta the saber parts hunt for a while)?

SAS

He slowly went out of business ... selling all the parts he still had on the shelf ... as far as I know :wacko

Chaim

I got a shroud from The Terminator, a clamp on order from TCSS, and grips on order from Roy. All I need now is the correct bulb release(?) button setup and I'll have all the parts!

I'll post pictures as soon as the clamp comes in.

I'm so excited!!:cheers

I'm glad it arrived :) please feel free to leave feedback

Can anyone tell me which is the correct tail cap for the Heiland? Is it the angled version or the round with grooves?

If you like to create a Vader lightsaber with a Heiland, though an MPP is the proper vintage flashgun, ... you'd need a round endcap with grooves however those variations might come with the wrong inner guts in the emitter section, so always ask for pictures of both parts of Heiland for sale, before purchasing online ... when in doubt you can always ask one of us or me via PM with the auction-link you'd like to bid or buy-it-now to be safe :wacko

Chaim

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back