So How Did The NEW Vader Rest His Helmet

Durasteel Corporation

Episode 3

On the gurnie, bed, whatever its called.

How did the newly minted Darth Vader rest his head *with his long flared helmet tail* I might add, on the flat gurnie???

I figured there was some special scooped out section for the helmets tail....but ah, no sign of a helmet scoop.

Pictures of the gurnie are flat.

So that I can sleep tonight, lets make sense of the "great flat gurnie, flared helmet tail" mystery of the decade.

The best minds exist here, WE CAN DO IT.

EDIT:

Deflatable helmet tail that rests flat when ....deflated?

Squishy gurnie metal that gives when hard flat tails are pressed against it *ahem)

A holographic head rest area that seems solid but isnt so helmets can lay flat

CGI-solved like the clone trooper thighplate/kneeplate/greave interaction oddity?

Just me thinking too hard *smoke starting to rise

Articulated panel on gurney that pivots up to provide a raised backrest, like the tanning table on which Frank Poole receives birthday greetings from his parents in 2001?

Vader's double-jointed neck? :unsure

and just to frustrate you further... with the neck of his mask (that elongated thing kinda like the imperial guards have) tucked under his armor, how's he supposed to turn his head?

Sometimes, figuring out Star Wars costume technology is like doing a 25x25 Sudoku puzzle. In Braille... :confused

Originally posted by R2B9@Jan 21 2006, 07:54 PM
and just to frustrate you further... with the neck of his mask (that elongated thing kinda like the imperial guards have) tucked under his armor, how's he supposed to turn his head?

Sometimes, figuring out Star Wars costume technology is like doing a 25x25 Sudoku puzzle. In Braille...  :confused
[snapback]1164661[/snapback]​

I wrote a 50 page thesis on Darth Vader for a sci-fi class I took in graduate school.

I think you can make the argument....which was alluded to when anakin gets his new mask, that there is some type of heads up display (HUD). He has lots of sensors which presumably give him a very detailed sense of where things are and where people are, weapons etc. Ergo, he wouldnt have to move his head/neck very far.

I cant remember when he supposedly has his vertebrae fused, but I believe this is shown when the emperor zaps vader as he rescues Luke.

In either event, the neck and shoulders are very integrated....which then raised the other question of the chest armours rather immoble existence. It doesnt allow for very good arm movement. But I guess you could reconcile that Vader had pretty much killed off most of the jedi willing to tackle him so he could chill with his immobility. ......then again, maybe he had double jointed fantasic four extendo shoulder joints that could slip out and swing up....I dunno....Bugs me.

The guy has the force too lets not forget, which allows him to react like some of those amazing martial artists.

He is one with the force after all, though it's the dark side of the force.

He uses the force to levitate his head much as Yoda used the force to lift Luke's x wing. Hence, no pressure on helmet flare.

Or, the most realistic solution.....cuz George said so.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back