So Grandpa pred dies...what to do with the bio?

hez1

You put it on the wall of course!

IMG_2745.jpg.gif

I've been working on this for a little while (rudely interrupted by Hurricane Ike and then a wedding. I know it was mine but still, it disrupted my work schedule!) and it's finally in a state that I can show it off. I put some of the AVP hieroglyphics on the other side, but they didn't seem right somehow, and don't show up too well in any case, so I'm going to put the regular yautja alphabet letters on there to go with the event glyphs that you can see. I'd love suggestions on what it should say!

Colours aren't great either, but I just threw it on there to see how it looked in something other than white.

I'm going to put a mold on this in a little while, but before I do, does anyone have any suggestions as to what could go on there? I'll be offering these to the lair when they're done too.

Have it say your pred name...

Or have it say Here lies Grampa Pred....

I know have it say Supercalafragalisticexpialidocious! LOL!

Thomas.

I like

I think if you were just doing them for yourself then do something unique to YOU.

BUT

If you are going to be offering them to the lair, then maybe make it something lair specific.

Overall though i think if you added a red light behind the mask maybe it would make the whole thing just POP

looks cool, i was thinking of making something like this, i agree with usurper, lights behind will make il look awesome

It will be darker, like I said I just threw some paint on to see how it looked in something other than white. I picked up some dark grey metallic paint today, I'm going to see how that looks tomorrow.

The light is a really cool idea, and it won't be hard to throw some bright red LEDs in there, and they'll also show up through the lenses. I came up with a phrase to put on there as well...I'll post pics tomorrow. First to translate will win...I dunno. Something.

I promised more pics, and here they are. Ignore the copper coloured side, that was an earlier colour scheme experiment.

IMG_2752.jpg.gif

IMG_2751.jpg.gif

IMG_2753.jpg.gif

IMG_2755.jpg.gif

I darkened it a little, but I didn't want to spend loads of time on it because it's not the finished product yet. Once I get them cast and everything, I'll do a proper one and actually mount one on the wall. The bio will be held on with magnets, so it will be adaptable to any helmet out there.

Just below the chin of the helmet is a little removable piece with a pred letter on it. I think it looks cool, but some people may not like it, hence the detachability, and also you can use it to put a plaque on, like the Icons display. I didn't want to do some big flat square that would look empty without a plaque though.

I don't know if I'll ever have this many bios, but once I get a few, I'm thinking Wolf's bio wall...

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back