So, Disney + is going to start imbedding commercials…

I’m certainly not paying for the privilege of watching mind numbing commercials! I only activate a streaming service when there’s something I want to watch, and then cancel when I’m done. Just canceled HBO because House of the dragon just ended. I’ll probably get Disney for month and binge watch Andor, then cancel that. The only one I keep long term is Amazon for the free shipping.
Nothing is free in this World my dear Sir:(;)

The problem to me at least is that enough is never enough. If I invest a million bucks in a company and it pays off in time and keeps making me money, that's great. It gets annoying when they just keep upping the price because to those investors, profit isn't enough, it has to continually go up and up and up. Same margins are not acceptable, we have to grow and grow every year. It gets to raising prices for the sake of raising prices.

Disney isn't on that list, but they're making big profits too and yet you still have investors publicly whining that the company isn't doing enough to profit off it's customer data.

You think McDonalds and whomever have those Apps you can order off - and they give special deals in the app because they're nice? They're harvesting your data to sell for extra money. That's the entire purpose of it. Yet the cost for the product (the food) continually goes up. Enough, is never enough and that is the problem.

It's changed from provide a good product at a fair prices, to providing the cheapest product humanly possible without giving a crap about the people who do the work while generating the absolute most profit humanly possible. How that isn't a turnoff to everyone, I don't know. Most of these places have little to no respect for their customers or their employees, but we're supposed just accept it as business. This is what happens when we let companies buy all their competitors with impunity. We are systematically removing the competition aspect of business. Their is no 'market' when they're is no real competition.
Well, Democracy + Capitalism is still the "best system" so far. Not perfect by any means, of course.;)

Democracy + Capitalism + Collusion is not good for a society. Corporations colludes to avoid competition between themselves. Therefore, the consumers are the ones who will be shafted in the end.:(

Democracy + Collusion + Corruption is really a Triptych from Hell for society as a whole! Everyone is now on a "Survival" mode and Democracy has a tendency to die really fast with those two factors attached to it.:devil:

You cannot impose a cap on success or profit (whether on an individual or a Corporation)...there's a name for that, but I don't want to be ban, 'cause I like the RPF:)
You might hike their taxes payable to society...but that's about it.

I just got the price increase email. My bundle is old, but still being honored. D+ with no ads, Hulu and ESPN+ with ads, for $15 a month.
This is not exactly highway robbery.

I have to confess… I fell. I got an email today saying that I could get the Disney+ premium no commercials for 79.99 for a year. I have been on the monthly plan but for a $40 savings, I did it.

Shame away… I deserve it.

I have to confess… I fell. I got an email today saying that I could get the Disney+ premium no commercials for 79.99 for a year. I have been on the monthly plan but for a $40 savings, I did it.

If I get the option I will take it. As it is they just upped my monthly to $10.99 a month which will be $131.88 for the whole year.

Of course on an individual level price changes and increases are not awful they want to retain subscribers. Thats exactly how streaming services present it, on a personal, individual level, avoiding/downplaying the big picture.

Last edited:
I’m sure we all got the email today that they’ll start offering different tiers of service, which will include commercials in their shows.

I guess all of the content they’ve made cost more than they got back in streaming returns?
If there is one thing that most of the Streams I have is O Ads.. I loath them, although the one add where a couple are sat talking about an insurance scam which cuts to the guy whooping it up on a jet ski on their money tickles my funny bone for some reason.. :eek:

Embarrassed Shame GIF

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back