So...did PeeWee LIVE in the playhouse?

Funky

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The wife and I decided to watch a little PeeWee this morning and we were wondering, does he actually live in the playhouse or was it just a very expensive clubhouse of sorts? I always thought he lived elsewhere and just came here to play, as he does seem to leave every day and, well, it is called a playhouse after all. My wife seems to think he lives there as he has a fully stocked kitchen, has pets, a bed, bathroom and receives his mail there.
Strange but I can't find a definitive answer on the web.
So I'm asking the RPF as it seems to be more reliable than Google sometimes. DOES PeeWee live in the playhouse or not?

I always thought he lived elsewhere and had all that stuff in case he wanted to spend the night or have a sleep over. Mind you I was a kid when this was on but it always made sense to me that this was a hangout and he might have lived down the road.

As a kid I assumed he lived in the house from the movie (the one with all the stuff in the yard) and that the playhouse was just that... a playhouse/clubhouse.

pic2.jpg

This is where he actually lives... in my mind

Armando,....put the bottle of Jack down and step away from your remote. Seriously, I say this as a friend. :lol

I would venture to say he lived there. Reba the Mail Lady played by Law and Order's S. Epatha Merkerson would have not delivered to the playhouse.
Will

As a kid I assumed he lived in the house from the movie (the one with all the stuff in the yard) and that the playhouse was just that... a playhouse/clubhouse.

pic2.jpg

Yep. :thumbsup

Seems to be straightforward.

Also I always gathered that in the movie, that was him in the "real" world.

The stuff at the playhouse was mostly make-believe.

If he lived in the clubhouse, then why did he leave on his scooter at the end of every episode?

:confused:confused:confused

O.K. now I'm wondering how that same question applies to Mr. Rogers.

Actually, PeeWee lived in a padded room, and the playhouse and the talking chair and other characters were all in his head.

No he did NOT live in the playhouse.
There was an episode that was all about him having a SLEEPOVER at the playhouse, which would indicate that he lived somewhere else. Also, at the end of each episode, he left on his scooter.

pic2.jpg

I never really connected that the "2 worlds" might in fact be one. Clearly there were no crossover characters between the two, but I just have a hard time picturing Amazing Larry or Large Marge conceivably showing up at the Playhouse :confused

Or, for that matter, Conky or Randy showing up at Chuck's Bike-O-Rama!

I always assumed they were in the same world. The Playhouse gang were always imaginary in my personal canon while the Movie represented "reality":lol

Come to think of it, that opens up so many Cowboy Curtis/Morpheus jokes

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back