SNOWTROOPER CANNON

GEEK1138

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys...I've been tasked with the job of creating a full size 1:1 scale prop of the E-Web heavy duty laser rifle thing... and with all this downtime for the xmas period I've been having a go at modelling it.
It's actually extremely dope when u really look at the detail of the presumably found parts.
If anyone has any more info or ref pics to contribute it would really help.
I've used mostly the SSC 1/6 scale model for modelling reference...which is pretty good but not 100% accurate to screen used

I've modelled the whole gun and the generator but will probably 3D print most of parts and fabricate the bigger stuff from scratch. No rush for this build as I've got a few props in the queue to clear first

8wtx0iTl.jpg

UcFs3G8l.jpg

atNJmOMl.jpg

The plan is to have a red light in the scope window and a blue light in the generator

Some parts may be cheaper to grab from that internets thingy.

Nab hubs x 3 on the box
Dev bots x 3 on the tripod (one litre bottles, I think)
Fork'andles.... Where the spade grips should be
Half a Hoth scanner on top

Attachments

• SnowtroopsEdit5.jpg
    SnowtroopsEdit5.jpg
    1,006.3 KB · Views: 202
  • SnowtroopsEdit4.jpg
    SnowtroopsEdit4.jpg
    286.1 KB · Views: 212
  • SnowtroopsEdit6.jpg
    SnowtroopsEdit6.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 209
Hey Wavey...thanks so much for the ideas and input. I checked out your links but I reckon most parts will be cheaper to print than buy

If you need some sizes I'll measure up the nab hubs, may help unravel the box dimensions.

The Teleflex part in the middle of the cannon was the predecessor to the part used as the steering rack for the Tie Fighter (issued 1960 to 1963) so they may share similar width measurements - I can size up that part too. I can't be 100% sure the Tie part is exactly the same but it does look very close.

Start warming up that printer lol

OK, so time to pick up this thread again. I ended up printing virtually everything for this build including the whole generator box. I will still add a fair amount of hardware and greeblies though

So just joining and re-facing all the printed parts to start with. Generator and gun barrel first

jgvHsgZl.jpg

kqJifhUl.jpg

A long ways to go yet but it's good to finally get underway on this one

amazing, your work never cease to amaze me, the quantity of work and the quality of the result is just impressive! keep up the good work and keep sharing it with us (y)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back