Snowtrooper Boot Variation?

tubachris85x

Master Member
So I was skimming through some reference pics, namely the deleted scene images. I never really paid too much attention to these images previously (one I found today shows the entire body).

So, without a doubt, they used Canadian Military Mukluks. The tour suit has no laces, D-rings removed and just the added 3-straps. These images, the suits used for the deleted scenes depict laces w/ added material. Is there anyone who may know of something similar being done in the films? A fellow member suggest that these laces could be added purely for aesthetics, which is still very probable. I need to review screen caps to determine if there were any actually seen during the film w/ these exact details.

One thing to note, is that un-modified mukluks DO have laces and D-rings, however, the laces seen here are NOT how un-modified mukluks appear.

I did a quick pic to show what I see, at least.

4Ym9vpy.png

Pic of full body wampa attack still

f57c5ca7ada92012955c1c79a88b4423.jpg

Thoughts?

Am I seeing a darker brown section on the sides aswell? Perhaps these images are not the regular Canadian Mukluks we know??

Am I seeing a darker brown section on the sides aswell? Perhaps these images are not the regular Canadian Mukluks we know??

I noticed that as well. It's really hard to say if these are actually different boots, but with the exception of the brown patches and the laces, they still match the details and appearance of the regular mukluks. I wonder though if these patches were painted on as weathering.

What's funny is that I'm looking at my 1997 Kenner Snowtrooper figure on my desk here, and it has the brown patch, and a raised section where the laces are per the pictures I posted above...

This is really maddening

I will say these make me chuckle at the "no laces" stance several SW costuming groups take. Like several other "not allowed" things, there's canon precedent. *shrug* That said, I had largely avoided researching the Snowie mukluks as I knew finding some base boots would likely prove... frustrating (ask me about Kenneth Cole Pit Crews -- go on, ask :p ). Before I maybe go looking, how hard are these to find? Anyone make replicas? Since they're the most significant piece omitted from the Anovos offering, that'll be what I base the liklihood of my doing this costume on.

--Jonah

I will say these make me chuckle at the "no laces" stance several SW costuming groups take. Like several other "not allowed" things, there's canon precedent. *shrug* That said, I had largely avoided researching the Snowie mukluks as I knew finding some base boots would likely prove... frustrating (ask me about Kenneth Cole Pit Crews -- go on, ask :p ). Before I maybe go looking, how hard are these to find? Anyone make replicas? Since they're the most significant piece omitted from the Anovos offering, that'll be what I base the liklihood of my doing this costume on.

--Jonah

Mukluks? They're very easy to get. So much so, they've been required for 501st approval since they were first included in the legion. There are variations regarding the laces, but they're all dependent on the wearer and what they want to do with them.

Oh my god...! Original pieces that aren't scarce as hens' teeth? I'm amazed. :eek Snowtrooper and Snow Scout budgeting commencing... Hey, Chris -- d'you know offhand if these are the same mukluks used for the ESB Luke Rebel fatigues? Again, something I'm guilty of being vaguely curious about, but not having researched yet.

--Jonah

Oh my god...! Original pieces that aren't scarce as hens' teeth? I'm amazed. :eek Snowtrooper and Snow Scout budgeting commencing... Hey, Chris -- d'you know offhand if these are the same mukluks used for the ESB Luke Rebel fatigues? Again, something I'm guilty of being vaguely curious about, but not having researched yet.

--Jonah

Na, I've only really seen the rebel boots from time to time, but they are completely different boots. I believe they're more "traditional" mukluks but I don't have any knowledge on them to say what they are

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back