Snowspeeder reference pics/blueprints needed

morsesith21

Sr Member
Hey guys. Now that I had a taste of scratch building a snowspeeder, I would like to build a more accurate model in terms of dimensions and detail. Does any one know if there are any blueprints available? Or does anyone have the exact specs of the MR?
I also need reference to parts id's if anyone has any.
Thansk for the help! Take Care!
Chris

There is also the fullsize Snowspeeder in the backlot of Hollywood Disney (years ago it used to be in front of Startours). Likethe skiff they have, I always assumed it was a real set used piece.

Anyhow, there are a lot of images of it on the webif you do a google search "Disney Snowspeeder"

Disney snowspeeder - Google Search

Can anyone vouch for the dimensions of the old AMT kit? I realize the details are probably soft and possibly inaccurate due to the pantographing of the kit from some larger version along the way, but what do we know about the provenance of it?

J

There is also the fullsize Snowspeeder in the backlot of Hollywood Disney (years ago it used to be in front of Startours). Likethe skiff they have, I always assumed it was a real set used piece.

Anyhow, there are a lot of images of it on the webif you do a google search "Disney Snowspeeder"

Disney snowspeeder - Google Search

was that used for filming or just purpose built for Star Tours? I saw it in person and always thought it looked like it was only built for Disney.

The dimensions for the master replicas 3/4 is 16" L x 14” W x 4” H

Also dont forget about moe's references Welcome to Moe's Eisley if you need more pictures

Pictures below from the master replicas speeder:

rogueOne.jpg

rogueOneBottom.jpg

Said this an AGE ago, but in the recent Making of ESB book, the dims for this prop are given.
Ive not had the time to check them all out, but its worth a look for sure.

Simon is right though, if you want this accurate, its a VERY costly build in donors so why not consider a kit?

The recent kit from Nick, and now in the hands of Steve and Mike, is worth a look, the casting from Mike is about the best GK ive ever worked on, i cant fault it, and its so cheap compared to a full scratchbuild.

lee

That one was just built for Disney. As fir the AMT it's not very accurate in dims. Still one of the better early kits imoh.

I agree! the amt is cool but the dimentions are a bit off. I know when i built my scratch, i scaled mine up from the amt but had to change some specs.

Said this an AGE ago, but in the recent Making of ESB book, the dims for this prop are given.
Ive not had the time to check them all out, but its worth a look for sure.

Simon is right though, if you want this accurate, its a VERY costly build in donors so why not consider a kit?

The recent kit from Nick, and now in the hands of Steve and Mike, is worth a look, the casting from Mike is about the best GK ive ever worked on, i cant fault it, and its so cheap compared to a full scratchbuild.

lee

Thanks lee, think I'll take a trip to boarders today n write them down from outta the book!:lol:love

Does anyone happen to have the recent making of empire book? If so could you give me the specs of the studio model? :rolleyesFigured I would check here before I make the trip to boarders and rob them from the book there.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back