Snow Queen from Narnia

Guri

Sr Member
I've been making a Snow Queen from Narnia costume.

Just go to my main page, and I have a link to the in progress photos:

Click Here.

Here's the finished dress:

sparkles2.jpg

Here's the finished crown:

crown2.jpg

More photos when I put it on - and there will be a snow storm here on Friday, so I'll have to take some shots outside for sure..

Julia

Originally posted by Guri@Dec 8 2005, 06:47 PM
I've been making a Snow Queen from Narnia costume.

Just go to my main page, and I have a link to the in progress photos:

Click Here.

Here's the finished dress:

sparkles2.jpg

Here's the finished crown:

crown2.jpg

More photos when I put it on - and there will be a snow storm here on Friday, so I'll have to take some shots outside for sure..

Julia
[snapback]1131563[/snapback]​

Woa nice.

YES. I am so glad you decided to do this outfit. Your one of if not the only person I can think of that could do it proper justice, both in attention to detail and in how close you look to the actress.

*heh* yeah, that's why I decided to do this costume - I'm not really in love with it on it's own merits... which is going to make getting the motivation to do the needed upgrades a bit difficult. I need to completely redo the crown taller and more spikes, and the bodice needs to be stiffer... and the fur was just a quick 5 minute job at cutting because I needed SOMETHING...

I'm sort of liking the look of the dress the way it is - the texture. Mine looks a bit more like ice than the movie's version which reminds me of cob webs...

We'll see... if I have another reason to wear it, I'll do what I can to fix it up...

Guri

Wow, what a resemblance.

You NEED to do the outfit the Gabriel wore at the end of Constantine.

Then post pix plz. B):thumbsup

Julia, as soon as I saw pictures of the Snow Queen I thought of you. I just KNEW you'd make one. Looks fabulous. The likeness is uncanny.

Thanks everyone, you're all so generous, considering how I feel about the crown and the shag rug I'm wearing. *L* Hopefully I will find another place to wear it so I can get the motivation to upgrade.

Originally posted by Nexus6@Dec 13 2005, 03:17 AM
Wow, what a resemblance.

You NEED to do the outfit the Gabriel wore at the end of Constantine.

Then post pix plz.  B):thumbsup
[snapback]1134601[/snapback]​

I googled it and could only find this:

CLICK

Is that the one? Anyone have any better photos? It looks very doable from that photo, except those wings look like a bear to make. And I'm not sure I'd want to cut my hair... maybe a long haired version of it. *heh*

I guess I should rent the movie. :angel

Guri

Originally posted by Guri@Dec 13 2005, 11:01 AM
I googled it and could only find this:

CLICK

Is that the one? Anyone have any better photos? It looks very doable from that photo, except those wings look like a bear to make.  And I'm not sure I'd want to cut my hair...  maybe a long haired version of it. *heh*

I guess I should rent the movie.  :angel

Guri
[snapback]1134804[/snapback]​
The only one I currently have at work is a larger version of what you found:

If no one else posts any, I'll put some screencaps up tonight. As far as the wings go, they aren't always visible - - - only when she "manifests" them. ;)

egads.. Wing construction looks just about as hard as I expected they would be... Thanks for the references, I've saved the link and photo. Thanks a bunch Nexus for anything you can get - but there is no rush, I'm only CONSIDERING this... :D

If I do rent the movie, it'll not only be to watch after the kids are in bed, but it will have to be when my huz is out on business - the reason we haven't seen it is he doesn't like those creepy kinds of movies. But watching it alone? Hmm... :confused

Guri

As soon as I saw trailers for Narnia and how much the White Witch kinda parallels Galadriel, I had hoped you would do her costume.

It looks fantastic.. I hope you do her battle garb. I love the gold lionesque crown and the stole made out of Aslan's hair. :D

You truely look incredible. Good luck on the rest of it. :D

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back