"Snow" Predator *test fitting Oct 20th*

grendel64

Some time ago I posted pics of a P2 mask that I had Joe(Ta2pro) paint up for me.
The idea was to do a suit build around a black and white predator, sort of like how a snow leopard is a cold climate variation of a "normal" leopard.
Well, I finally got back to it, so I thought I'd post some pics of where it's at currently. My airbrush skills leave a lot to be desired, and I struggled to get my spots anywhere near as clean and distinct as Joe did on the mask, but in the end I think I got close enough to be serviceable.
I have a full set of P2 armor coming from Casey once he gets it cast up, and I think it's gonna look pretty cool all armored up.
(I went with P2 armor specifically so that down the road I am just a paint job away from a fairly screen accurate P2...sort of like having two costumes at once)
Blah blah blah, on to the pics!
snopred3.jpg

snopred1.jpg

snopred2.jpg

I am hoping to have everything wrapped up before the end of October as some folks I know are going to the Central Canada Comic Con (C4) in Winnipeg over the Halloween weekend (October 31st, Nov 1st).
I'll post more pics as I get the armor and finish him up...
Thanks for lookin'
Mike

snopred3.jpg

snopred1.jpg

snopred2.jpg

Very nice ..I had an arctic pred dreamed up a few years back ...saw him with more leather and fur armor though. Thinking white polar bear fur over one shoulder with a bear skull ..or saber tooth tiger skull. more "hand crafted" weapons like a harpoon. just some thoughts

I was thinking along the same lines actually, some fur trim and such....I'll see what I can dig up locally, there's a lot of hunting and such up here so it shouldn't be too hard to get a few things. I really love the cape that Elder One put on his Elder and have considered something like that as well...
Mike

agreed!, and since i see the aircompressor in the pics i assume you airbrushed it your self? well if you did, do you have any tips for the dots?

Well I answered this question once, and closed the window without posting "Doh!"....
I doubt I'm the best person to ask about airbrushing the spots. It was really trial and error as I'm not that adept with the airbrush yet.
Keep in mind that Joe painted the mask, I just tried to follow his lead with the skin spotting. Anyway, my suggestion would be to get a scrap of cardboard or something and try making spots on that first...once you get the hang of it then you can move on to the mask/skin/whatever.
I used a mix of black paint that was mixed to about the consistency of whole milk, then tried spots at various air pressures till I found the effect that worked best for me. There were a lot of screw ups along the way, but eventually I wound up with something I liked.

Thanks for the kind words everyone, very encouraging!
Mike

The armor will be P2 but with darker paint scheme. That way I can repaint the costume into a standard P2 down the road if I wish...
Mike

I really don't think you should change it into a normal P2. It's incredible as is (including the darker armor concept). If you wanted a full P2, build a second suit in the future.

I really don't think you should change it into a normal P2. It's incredible as is (including the darker armor concept). If you wanted a full P2, build a second suit in the future.

Money being no object (of course!)....
Nah, he'll be a snow pred for quite a while before I change anything up, if I even do change it.
Honestly though, I bought one of the smallest houses in town over a year ago (475 sq ft), and wouldn't you know it,
I have developed a fascination with 1:1 scale props since then....Tis getting a bit crowded round here!
Mike

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back